World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is worth giving a try on the upcomming back holiday Monday during daylight hours?

This will be my second trip of 2007 and I need to catch something! I have no ideas what the tides are doing that day. Looking for somewhere within 45mins drive of Southampton.

Hill head or Avon Beach, Highcliff?, or more towards the Lee on solent/gosport beaches? We can even go over to the IOW if a spot is within easy access to the ferry terminals. I need my first fish of the year so I don't mind a Rockling, or a Pout or a 3 inch Whiting! Although getting one of my target fish for this year would be nice, they are. Place, Garfish, Pollock, A Ray (any type) Dogfish.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Heyup Nohope
if you want to venture to the Island you can get the fast cat to Ryde,buy some Rag from the Union Sports at the bottom of Union St Tel 01983 616636,and fish from the back of the Ice Rink just ten minutes walk,H/T is 1609,fish from 1400 - 1800,you should catch Flounders,School Bass,possibly a Plaice if the conditions are right(sunny)Its not a huge tide but if you are that desperate to catch,you should score there,having said that you would probably do equally as well fishing in the enterance to Portsmouth Harbour

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Snoopy. I'll defiantly consider a trip over to Ryde. I know the tackle shop, had a look in there last summer, and know the spot behind the ice rink.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Good luck then nohope
I would be quietly confident of getting your rod rattled mate,its not a huge tide,only a 4.0 but you should catch,I always take my little nephew there when he is down from Manchester because I can pretty much guarantee catching,watch out for the dead heads on jetskis,we should be allowed to shoot them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts