World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello lads,

I'm looking to go out for the day maybe Monday or Tuesday, and I'm thinking south coast-Branscombe, Seaton.

I know a few of the regular's on here are based in that area, have you got any advice on which beach is better?

Also, I've got pretty simple gear atm, just a 9' spinning rod and a bunch of spoons, rubber lures and jigs.. Am I better off going to a beach with plenty of rocks to fish from, or can you still use that kind of gear just on the sand? (or stones..)

Yes, i'm an absolute novice as well, in case you couldn't tell!

Appreciate any tips/help/advice!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
If the Mackerel are about small metal lures like dexter wedges should be fine at Seaton.

However if your totally new to fishing and cant cast very well, it might be wise to wait a few weeks, as I expect the beach will be rammed!

A wayward cast can be very dangerous, so just bear this in mind if you do turn up and people are everywhere!.... You did ask for advice :BigGrin:

Cheers si

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
My advice whould be head seaton early doors just walk up between the cafe to the estuary work a small silver lure like a dexter have seen macs comeing in but won’t be in numbers there are a lot of school bass around at the moment so good chance of one of them if there anglers there bottom fishing give em I wide berth nothing worse than thinking you got a pb fish only to find a fluff chucker think the same thing very annoying but defo Monday morning whould be best bet ht is at 9.0o ish I think so I’d get there for 6 and and fish till high don’t even bother in the arftanoon it will be rammed with numptys good luck let us know hoe it goes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts