World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
hi southender im from shoeburyness so im able to get to barge its got alot of bass there at the moment only small though my mate fished it sunday said you could see them but they diddnt want to play ball .
i would fish black gills underneigh thats how i used to get them oh he did say there was some upto about 4lbs chasing stuff

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
I presume you have to walk from East Beach or West Beach as Gunners park is now closed. If this is the case it is quicker to walk from the west beach but you have to wait longer before you can walk out in the mud to get past the fence.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I presume you have to walk from East Beach or West Beach as Gunners park is now closed. If this is the case it is quicker to walk from the west beach but you have to wait longer before you can walk out in the mud to get past the fence.
OK lads, please spill the beans. Where is this jetty. I have moved local to the sea-front now (off Maplin Way) and have seen the jetty to the left (facing out to sea) of the Life Guards post at Thorpe Bay (near the launching slipway) but i was told not to bother as it is MD owned.

I am going to have a crack at the above mentioned jetty but assume the tide ebbs past the end?

Is this the same jetty or is there another.

Any local info greatly appreciated and would like to come along if you want some company.

H

15,082 Posts
OK lads, please spill the beans. Where is this jetty. I have moved local to the sea-front now (off Maplin Way) and have seen the jetty to the left (facing out to sea) of the Life Guards post at Thorpe Bay (near the launching slipway) but i was told not to bother as it is MD owned.

I am going to have a crack at the above mentioned jetty but assume the tide ebbs past the end?

Any local info greatly appreciated and would like to come along if you want some company.

H
It is just to the left of the Coast Guard Station,looking at the sea from Ness Rd slipway just about a 1/4 mile east of Thorpe Bay Yacht Club Howard.You can walk along the beach to it as long as it isnt a very big high tide from the slipway.There is a Gulley way that sweeps past the end of it although it does dry out.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts

H
Its no longer MOD owned, but there are some flats going up near there and I know the builders were working around the pier. You can get to the pier either from the coastguard station (just walk past the fence saying no entry) or from East Beach. I have mainly used this pier for flounder fishing although you can get some cracking bass from it if lure fishing.
The only problem I have found with the pier is that the fences that you have to walk past go out into the sea and you can walk past them around 4 hours after high tide, so if its a crap session you are stuck unless you want to get wet.

·
Registered
724 Posts
It is just to the left of the Coast Guard Station,looking at the sea from Ness Rd slipway just about a 1/4 mile east of Thorpe Bay Yacht Club Howard.You can walk along the beach to it as long as it isnt a very big high tide from the slipway.There is a Gulley way that sweeps past the end of it although it does dry out.

Cheers Ron, thats the one i was looking at but got warned not to cross the fence area.

Ill give it a go as soon as possible.

Whats happend to Pablo, has he gone to the big girls wardrode in the sky??

·
Registered
724 Posts
Its no longer MOD owned, but there are some flats going up near there and I know the builders were working around the pier. You can get to the pier either from the coastguard station (just walk past the fence saying no entry) or from East Beach. I have mainly used this pier for flounder fishing although you can get some cracking bass from it if lure fishing.
The only problem I have found with the pier is that the fences that you have to walk past go out into the sea and you can walk past them around 4 hours after high tide, so if its a crap session you are stuck unless you want to get wet.
Cheers jassyfa - looks like my pants will be wet again (surprised my wife aint thought of that excuse)

H

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HJLT, I might give it a bash friday night if you fancy tagging along HW is 00.44, I have had plenty of good bass from there over the years on red gils as well. Also if you float fish just to the right and left of the pier about 4ft of the beach. There is another spot there that no one fishes anymore and that alway threw up the larger bass when i was in the forces there. Its the hut to the left of the pier near the rocky area. Wormman did your mate see any macky or herring jumping about, sometimes you can get them there for live bait, that sorts out the small fry when trotting undeneath.

15,082 Posts
Cheers Ron, thats the one i was looking at but got warned not to cross the fence area.

Ill give it a go as soon as possible.

Whats happend to Pablo, has he gone to the big girls wardrode in the sky??
There are signs that say about 'Exposives' lying around.There probably isn't.......Maybe!:eek:hmy:
Pablo is at Brighton this weekend for the Parade.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very, very occasionallly they get washed up on the shore, dont kick it, keep away from it and you will be fine. They often find them on east beach and all the way along that part of the shore. The magazines blew up in foulness around the time of the first world war. There was so much ordanance lying around they just bulldozed it out to sea, and some of it now gets washed ashore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts