World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - anyone fished Barn pool, off of Mt Edgecombe, plymouth sound? I fished there last winter, caught a couple whiting but that was it - i was just wandering what sort of things come up from there in the summer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi SeaUrchin,
You hav'nt said if you intend fishing from shore or boat, I fish from boat and if the weather restricts me from fishing my normal marks, than I have been known to frequant Barn Pool on the odd occasion. Fish caught over the years have been mackeral, bass, pollack,pouting and one cod (71/2 LB). I hope this is of some help.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for that - i meant shore fishing but thanks anyway - i sometiems get out on my neighbours boat so maybe i can persuade him to go there. would mind trying to bag a ray, i guess prawn is best for those? ill love to try it in the winter for cod though too.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
by the way last time i went you are allowed to park outside mt edgecombe and walk through at night - the gate by the cafe inside the park is left open

T

·
0 Posts
thanks sea urchin, when you mean park at the cafe , do you drive through Mt edgecumbe or park at Cremyll and follow a coastal path. not too familar with that part of the county.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
park at cremyll, near where the ferry comes in from devonport. then walk into the mt edgecombe park - u go through the main gate where the gift shop is and walk around left and go through another set of gates - thats where the cafe is.fish from anywhere you can get to the water should put you into the deep water. alternativly u could fish from where you park the car - from the beach by the ferry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts