World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, im in mallorca for a couple of weeks, early april, and was wondering where the best places are , what tackle to use and what baits are the most effective at this time of year. Im nearer the south side of the island. So any info or past experiences are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've seen plenty around the island before, in ports, and they used to sometimes follow my bait in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Find the deep water and you'll find the cuda in the day. Shallower water at night for them.

Surface lures and shallow cranks a lot like uk bass fishing lures.

Dont rule out the amberjacks and leerfish either!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Find the deep water and you'll find the cuda in the day. Shallower water at night for them.

Surface lures and shallow cranks a lot like uk bass fishing lures.

Dont rule out the amberjacks and leerfish either!
Cheers dan, would you know any specific spots in mallorca?

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
also worth a try lemon back savage gear sand eel heavey enough to get down on the sea bed
then just bounce them along

i was in majorca Can Pickafort last september fishd every day early am day time and evening didnt catch nowt

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cheers dan, would you know any specific spots in mallorca?
I only fished around sa coma, namely "punta n'amer" a big headland that juts out and is very deep, loads of AJ and speaking to a local in my 'ok' spanish, he told me its good for "palomita" which is either derbio or leerfish as they both have the same spanish name in the islands.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Palomita is the derbio, the leerfish is palometon.
I know but that only applies to the mainland. its a nightmare asking the local because of most of those in the balearics only know of a "palomida" (leerfish) and a "palomida blanca" (derbio)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know but that only applies to the mainland. its a nightmare asking the local because of most of those in the balearics only know of a "palomida" (leerfish) and a "palomida blanca" (derbio)
Hi. Im heading out for a week in August and was interested in the discussion as Im looking to take a rod with me but wasnt sure what species are about that time of year from the shore. Im staying in Alcudia which is in the NE part of the island so does anyone have any advice for me? I was also looking at some of the charter boats so if anyone has any experience of these they could share I would be very grateful. Cheers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. Im heading out for a week in August and was interested in the discussion as Im looking to take a rod with me but wasnt sure what species are about that time of year from the shore. Im staying in Alcudia which is in the NE part of the island so does anyone have any advice for me? I was also looking at some of the charter boats so if anyone has any experience of these they could share I would be very grateful. Cheers.
I forgot another query. Do I need a licence to fish?

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Yes I have one fished majorca and lanzarote never got asked to show it even the locals laughed wen I showed them it
It's just run out I'm of to Almeria September I won't be renewing it
Just look out for the gaurdia civil (police) they will nick ya

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Yes I have one fished majorca and lanzarote never got asked to show it even the locals laughed wen I showed them it
It's just run out I'm of to Almeria September I won't be renewing it
Just look out for the gaurdia civil (police) they will nick ya
Flying out to Malaga in the morning do you think it's with talking a beach caster or spinning rod ? And anyone used any boats out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts