World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the barrel post tenby today accompanied by ''i hate whiting''!for the first hour noy a sasauge but *** the tide got higher i had a gurnard!then 2 more!i casted my sandeel out realed in to bring the line tight wen the tip hammerd over before i had put in on the tripod!relled in just 1 mackerel!then i hate whiting caught a whiting on a spinner so we got out the feathers and tried mackie bashin with a carp rod!caught 11 in total which will probably supply the rest of the summers bait!!all in all a great session ~!!!

:) :cool:

·
Registered
437 Posts
well done you two..well worth the effort when you catch.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The mackerel are often scorned but are such fun.....

Especially on a light rod, I landed several last night on a 6' spinner rod and 8lb line - GREAT FUN

Sounds like a good trip - I had a similar night last night - see Ireland forum - Portmuck Report

GG

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
nice one guys... am always torn between saving em for bait and eating them....... only one thing better than fishing........ eating fish lmao

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Robski said:
nice one guys... am always torn between saving em for bait and eating them....... only one thing better than fishing........ eating fish lmao
Second that - except for doggies (they taste like pwp) ;)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
loooove eating doggies.... just gotta prepare em right... sluurrrp

·
Registered
472 Posts
I heared they are nice so long as you can get the urine off their skin.

Kinda like the female tramps we have in the valleys.
Yeah dont ask it was a one off..

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Biogenesis said:
I heared they are nice so long as you can get the urine off their skin.

Kinda like the female tramps we have in the valleys.
Yeah dont ask it was a one off..
Lol but don't know about urine on doggies I think that's skate m8 now that's a good eating fish if you prepare it right ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
I read somewhere that all the shark species *pee through their skin.
and to prepare them they must be soaked in salt water to desolve the urine.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
You could be right m8 I just know that skate do so the best thing is to skin 'em straight away then soak in milk or brine for a day or so - they are perhaps the only fish that taste better when not absolutely fresh. As for dogfish tried it a few times - it's marketed as rock salmon in the chippy or huss in Tescos and it tastes really nasty

1 - 15 of 15 Posts