World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out all day today and its now getting late so will complete my blog tomorrow evening and do a report, here is some pics for now,
we had some big congers over 10lb, a bull Huss 10lb spot on, tope, rays, dogs, but no cod in barry just yet.
tightlinesw and goodnight

Attachments

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well we set off from Barry Harbour at 10am, High tide was 12pm (approx) 10.8m. Onboard Sea Urchin was Myself and Matt. We headed out to a wreck mark straight out of Barry Harbour in the middle of the channel, We anchored up and put 4 rods out. Baits were Squid or Rag and Dirty Squid. As soon as the rods were in we were into Congers, i had a couple straight after each other both around the 10lb mark. Between myself and Matt we started then having a Few Thornback Rays. Next the dogs were on the feed. Matt had a bite which seemed to be a bit bigger then the others he landed a Bull huss. This was the first huss we have caught this end of the channel. We weighed it and it came in at a nice 10lb. The day started to get nice it was sunny and flat calm so we punched tide and made our way to Cold knap and Porthkerry, here we fished several marks and had a few more Rays. I then caught a Baby Tope. This brought our species to 5 for the day,
At Porthkerry we could see a big dark cloud heading our way so we ventured back to Barry area to be safe, we fished Jackson Bay on low water but did not have a bite. By now the winds and waves were starting to blow, we stuck it out for as long as we could but for safety we motored into Barry Harbour and waited on a trot for my mooring to cover. We got onto dry land for 9pm, it was a great day and nice to try some new marks. Looking forward to our next trip soon
Tight lines Dave

read more blogs at http://www.davesfishingtrips.co.uk/daves-fishing-blog.html

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Well we set off from Barry Harbour at 10am, High tide was 12pm (approx) 10.8m. Onboard Sea Urchin was Myself and Matt. We headed out to a wreck mark straight out of Barry Harbour in the middle of the channel, We anchored up and put 4 rods out. Baits were Squid or Rag and Dirty Squid. As soon as the rods were in we were into Congers, i had a couple straight after each other both around the 10lb mark. Between myself and Matt we started then having a Few Thornback Rays. Next the dogs were on the feed. Matt had a bite which seemed to be a bit bigger then the others he landed a Bull huss. This was the first huss we have caught this end of the channel. We weighed it and it came in at a nice 10lb. The day started to get nice it was sunny and flat calm so we punched tide and made our way to Cold knap and Porthkerry, here we fished several marks and had a few more Rays. I then caught a Baby Tope. This brought our species to 5 for the day,
At Porthkerry we could see a big dark cloud heading our way so we ventured back to Barry area to be safe, we fished Jackson Bay on low water but did not have a bite. By now the winds and waves were starting to blow, we stuck it out for as long as we could but for safety we motored into Barry Harbour and waited on a trot for my mooring to cover. We got onto dry land for 9pm, it was a great day and nice to try some new marks. Looking forward to our next trip soon
Tight lines Dave

read more blogs at http://www.davesfishingtrips.co.uk/daves-fishing-blog.html
nice one dave, must be good fun fishing new marks never knowing what the next fish will be, catch up soon.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice one dave, must be good fun fishing new marks never knowing what the next fish will be, catch up soon.
cheers, was trying to ring you all day but your phone must be broke?
will speak soon
Dave

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Well done on the fish bud - was out on the nash sandbank on monday theres a few turbot up there, caught on the early flood

Tight lines

James

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
nice 1 dave/matt
winds veering wednesday and dropping 4shaws looking gd lol give u ring!!!

·
Things Come to Those Who Bait
2,460 Posts
A cracking Huss, and a safe return, give us a call if your out on Sundays

Bring on the Cod :)

Nice one
Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts