World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Float fished a couple of rods with Dai Wa, been far too long mate. One loaded with rag on size 1 hooks the other with bread on size 8. Ground baiting with bread drew a lot of fry to the swim, but no sign of anything pulling the floats under until dusk when sizeable eels turned up to take the rag.

While concentrating on the eel the reel on my other rod 30yds away started screaming and the float disappeared into the middle of the dock. Ran over and grabbed the rod before it followed the fish, luckily I had set the drag off. I tightened down to feel the weight of a very good fish, 4lbs plus I would say, but a couple of head thumps later and my size 8 hook had straightened out. Size 6 for me from now on!

In truth I probably tightened down too quickly for a big fish on light gear and should have eased myself into the fight and settled in to play the fish. Ho hum, next time. Continued to have fun with the smaller mullet and the eels.

·
Registered
538 Posts
well done , heard alot of eels coming from Barry docks at the moment any one else had anything?

B

·
0 Posts
In the second week of June I managed my first mullet of year out of the dock, a nice fat 5 1/2lb'er but I had to endure a lot of blanks for that one fish.

It is nice to see some fish coming out at last.

My 5 1/2lb'er

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys, wasn't the best conditions for float fishing, but it was good to catch up with an old mate that I haven't seen for a while and was educational at least!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts