World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard a few storys about this place...

what species are in there, and where is best to fish?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
hi Barry docks hold various species of fish, bass, mullet, flounder, pout, wrasse to name but a few if fishing for bass and mullet then early morning or late evening would be your best bet not many fish have been caught during the hours of daylight

you can only fish the waterfront, fish anywhere else and you run the risk of been thrown off by security:uhuh:.
coarse fishing tactics applied here will work better than chucking leads. you need to fish close to the pier walls and back to the slades as bass and mullet patrol these areas
oh and please return ALL fish caught, reason, to many anglers have taken lots of fish home sometimes two three and four fish a session now the docks are not as busy as they used to be and the gate is not constantly open so fish stock replenishment is not good.
you will catch but not in any numbers like those seen in 2004-2005 a couple of good years and if more anglers return the fish chances improve greatly, after all, it is a fun place to fish for the kids but if there`s no fish.... need i say more

to be quite honest i (when i fish docks) do not use anything else other than a size 6 hook, (no lead, float or swivel) just to head hook a rag and let it swim elle naturel, this method has produce some stonking bass for me:clap2: and for my kids pics are of flounder and pollock taken on thursday night in the docks by the house the smile on my kids faces says it all sorry pics a little blurry :clap2::clap2: pic 1my son with a pollock of around a 1lb pic 2 my daughter with a flounder of 2lb 4oz

hope this helps tight lines

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
not at the mo but when they put railings up i`m sure we can fish it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts