World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone fish these venues, what sort of fish are about down there, I used to fish off the railings oppsite(jacksons bay) as a kid, does anyone fish there nowadays?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i used to fish off the railings and had fun there, but as far as the green light etc are concerned i believe you are not allowed there now.. so i,ve been told.. you can still fish jacksons and the railings thow..

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can u give me a bit of advice about fishing the railings, I was a kid with my dad when I last fished there, at least 20 years ago.

It looks like a high water venue, what sort of species will u get there and what tides?

As a kid on holiday with my old man I was ignorant of such things and is it safe at nite?

I have often seen people fish at the start of the railings, wonder how it fishes nowadays, good shelter in a westerley.

My old man used to work at dow corning and said a few years back they were trying to ban fishing down the breakwaters, probably something to do with health and safety.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i dont no a lot about it either, i was young wen i fished there, u r sheltered, u get whiying , pout, flatties, but i go down on the rocks around the corner, more towards butlins was,wer butlins was, i fish low water as there are deep holes out there for the cod,,i,ve done well there at times,, you can fish railings in the dark,as long as you have a light obviously. there is a point in the path where u can actually fish standing on the path and i used to rest rod on railings..the tide doesnt av to be a hi 1 i dont think.. hopefully some 1 else will add to this and put u right my m8.. good luck with it anyway........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts