World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posted a thread a few weeks back about where to fish for plaice and there were a lot of replies about Barry old harbour.

Anyways thinking of giving it a go in the next day or two................got a few questions 1st though???

Are there any plaice showing there??

Best baits??

Best times?? (Im thinking of fishing 2 up and 2 down)

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,617 Posts
hi m8,

there are some plaice showing off there at the moment but still mainly flounder's.....
but with these hot past few days i reckon they should start to show in bigger numbers.....
i would strongly reccomeny fishing 2 hook flappers with size 2 or 4 hooks and go as light as possible like a carp rod for more fun out of them.....
it entirely depends on the size of the tide how long you get to fish....
but wity these big tides you should be able to fish the times you wish to do so......

hope this helps m8,
tight lines and all the best,
steffyenck.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
posted a thread a few weeks back about where to fish for plaice and there were a lot of replies about Barry old harbour.

Anyways thinking of giving it a go in the next day or two................got a few questions 1st though???

Are there any plaice showing there??

Best baits??

Best times?? (Im thinking of fishing 2 up and 2 down)
Hi big fella sorry i cant help you out here mate i dont fish it but i have a mark down west its called hillend if you need any info on that gave me a pm dude tight lines

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers steff gonna give it a miss for now though and fish the knap on sunday with the others instead.........will try it in a few weeks

Cheers rockling will keep that in mind for future trips fella

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Cheers steff gonna give it a miss for now though and fish the knap on sunday with the others instead.........will try it in a few weeks

Cheers rockling will keep that in mind for future trips fella
Hope to see you sunday big fella i am doing the horse lane on saturday with big dee:lmao: :lmao: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: tight lines

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fished there last sat night i only had 1 doggie heard of a few doggies 1 turbot and a small ray caught along the beach......packed out (few club matches I think)

Lots of weed in the water though........

I would come with you but I'm off out on the pop :drunk:
you can Let me know how it goes on sunday

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
fished there last sat night i only had 1 doggie heard of a few doggies 1 turbot and a small ray caught along the beach......packed out (few club matches I think)

Lots of weed in the water though........

I would come with you but I'm off out on the pop :drunk:
you can Let me know how it goes on sunday
okey dokey see you sunday big fella i might be doing that bass mark next saturday if the weather is ok i pm you dude tight lines

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay cheers fella.........i read your report you had cracking session there mate and that bass in the pic looks in absolute prime fighting fit condition well done

See you sunday fella

1 - 9 of 9 Posts