World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

ive just joined the wsf site and need some imformation about where to fish down in barry on the sandbank next to bendrix could some one please contact me on where to fish, what time, bait and species are along the sandbank.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
welcome codlingcatcher, what do u mean sandbank at bendriks, i no the bendriks and further out there is sand, fished there for years, didnt no it was a sandbank. but we can all learn off that question m8,,,, does any 1 no the sandbank lads.. let me no.. rite catcher i had 2 cod there last week. lug and squid. and rag and mackerel. i fished the bendriks rocks, u av 2 cast out 60yds or so 2 get on2 the sand thow.or u can fish the small sandy beach straight in front of u as u come on2 the beach from the ind estate.. u wont get caught up there.. as for tides, i havent looked but they r around the midday mark 2day. but if u get bait the tackleshop will tell u the tides.or it tells u on this forum somwhere at the beginning i think m8. u will av 2 search a bit thow.i dont bother i 2 lazy, i ask 1 of the lads on here heehee ..tight lines..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Just Joined site .

You wouldnt be thinking about the sand spit at St marys Well Bay just up from Sully Island would you ????

Word of warning about this mark the tide does come in behind you and you can get cut off!!!!!!

The spit is only uncovered on the medium to large tides.

Just a note Fished Loughour Estuary January 2 2005 big westerly wind blowing,

mate caught one flattie no chance of seeing bites just check bait at regular intervals. Two other fisherman about 40yds away caught 7 flatties they were using the same as me rag and squid and were bringing them in 2 at a time. They must have been in the right place at the right time !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
welcome mike, no i dont think he is cos he said bendriks, i no st marys well bay. fished it on low on a few occasions m8. but never heard of sandbank at bendriks. but we will c, some 1 will no. i never seen 1 there and i been goin for 39yrs.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I never mix my baits at Loughor, I have found out over the years (I even won a 2 week holiday for 2 in Ireland (all expenses paid) down there, that shows how far back I go).
There is only ONE bait at loughor for flounders, & thats mudworm, harbour rag, call it what you want, dig it on Friday or Saturday, keep it in dry peat from the estuary (not from the garden centre, which will kill it), it firms up beautifully.
Thread 3 or 4 of these little beauties on a 1/0 Aberdeen so that they wriggle, & dont cast too far, a little lob is good enough, & BINGO, every egg a bird!!!!!!
My biggest flounder from there lacked only one thing according to my mate, it should have had "WELCOME" tatooed on its back, he said thats not a flattie thats a b****y doormat!
Unfortunately because of the weigh-in rules it had to be kept for weighing, but I did put my previous catch back when that thing came out.
Tight lines at Loughor, & the Berthllwyd Bank is still my favoutite spot!
blueskip

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
No Prob M8 But Maybe U Did Mean The St Mary Wells Bay. Good Luk 2 U Anyway.pop In Chat Room Sunday Night And Have A Chat With Us All About Arranging Our Comp..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts