World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry bout that guys,
Has anyone been fishing Barry recently? any catch reports?
Also 2 weeks ago Penarth Sea Angling club sunday comp was won with a bag of Cod over 22lb. The biggest being 15lb +.
not bad hey!
JD

·
Banned
280 Posts
Ive been 4 times in last 11 days including yesterday at 4.30am, lol. Not much help though as me and a m8 have gone on the old harbour everytime due to being new to fishing.

Ideal for newbies like us that little breakwater pier thing, plenty of bites everytime we go and we normally get about 5 - 15 fish between us in 4 hours. Only small fish though but have had a few decent whiting the last 2 goes. Always catch Flounder as well. Prob been there 10 times in last 6 weeks and theres never been an occasion when we've both blanked so its been ideal for us learning. Time to move onto the Knap ect now :)

1 bad thing ive noticed today was the gates have been constructed at the knap as reported in the Echo. Council were there this afternoon just finishing it off. 1/2 of road has got the gate and parking side has them metal plates that stick up to prevent you driving in on other side of gate. :(

EDIT

I'll check for deffo when i pass there tomorrow but now i think about it im sure they are constructed a few yards down from the entrance so there may still be some limited parking on there still at the beginning.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi dock dropper,
Sounds like good fun down the breakwater pier, there's a similar place on the Penarth side of the Cardiff Bay Barrage.
Walk past the old Custom House towards Dock Beach, then walk across the boulders a fish of the right side. Your not allowed to fish in the Barrage lock, but could give it a go in the night.
Had plenty of whiting, pout, eels, flounder & conger, even chance of a decent Bass!
May give the breakwater a go, is it down by the Yacht Club by Whit bay?
JD

·
Banned
280 Posts
The old harbour is on the right as you drive down the road towards Barry Island, you just park in the main car park, only fishable really well with a 10+ tide though otherwise it doesnt come in enough to fish. Plenty of places to fish off the rocks though within 100 yards or so that dont depend on tide height, hopefully theres a couple of pics attached below, like i said earlier though its just a bit of fun going on there, 1 good thing is only 1 doggie so far in over 50 fish :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts