World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I need a change from flogging Hurst bank for the bream and the occasional mackerel, so I'm going to the above sandy beaches for a rising night tide in the hopes of sole and dab. Anyone have an opinion on this, and what would be good tactics ? Of course, I'll also be sticking a squid out for bass.

Thanks,

JC

·
Registered
34 Posts
Paddy's gap can be productive for sole, it's been a while since i've been there myself but I know of others who have caught there in the past.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Never had a flatty from either, though only fished them in the summer. Can get some small eyed rays on the sandbank though if you hit it right.

One place I know fishes for flatties in winter is pennington marsh. Think mainly flounder though.

Don't know enough about the area to direct you to somewhere that has dabs, but it's the wrong time of year for them anyway IMO. Try in november. On the east coast snotty black lug, up to a week out of the freezer though stinks less if only a couple of days or frozen and defrosted a few times, small size 2 or 4 fine wire hooks, 3 hook flapper short traces, try in the gutter and at range. This coast they are also partial to chunks of bluey, or frozen herring. I much prefere these oiler fish, I think there'smore scent and they freeze better and remain firmer when defrosted than makky.

I've had most of my best ones in the gutter though from the easy coast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts