World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads. Whats the best tide conditions at Milford for Bass..??.. high or low tide.??.. and what sort of lure works there best..???. I have to go down that way this week for a meeting , thought I may as well take a rod with me and a lure or two.. don`t like to waste an opportunity..;)
cheers.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Bringing this thread to life, call me Dr Frankenstein.

Anyhow as per title, always done well bait fishing but never tried lures for bass and my mate wants us to try next weekend. The Whitehouse was always best for me and further up at tadiford is good too.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Bottom fishing....
Milford Shingle bank fishes best over high tide and the first of the run off - varies obviously with size of tide - neaps to springs.....there is also a very small hot window bang on low, but once the tide starts to run on the flood, forget it.

Up at the castle, you can fish the the flood, but as soon as the tides starts ebbing, the flow and weed make it nigh on impossible to fish....

For lures, normally better with a bit of tide run, but not too much, so first of the ebb along the bank and first of the flood are worth a go normally.....Shorter windows on the Spring tides, longer on the Neaps...

Mart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts