World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i witnessed a catch at the Island to left of beach by the island to the right of Lifeboat slip. A Bass touching 9 lbs 3 oz on the scales was landed on crab and weighed and released by a chap named Bobby. Nice fish as well, hell of a scrap racing in close as well you could see the fingers cutting through the tide what a sight.
My children were excited watching him land the fish. all was spoilt by a serious accident just before New hedges on way home, possible fatallity as well.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are right R/H spot on m8
What a beautiiful conditioned fish as well.
i put a question mark on 1 st posting knowing i could not remember name of rock

·
Registered
908 Posts
That sounds an awsum fish, do you think a spinner (dexter wedge) would have worked, i fished off that rock last week, but blanked. Hopin to go there again tomorrow,

tight lines m8

·
Registered
325 Posts
never underestimate the power and catching ability of a dexter wedge whatever the conditions or state of the sea every time i break out the spinning rod 'dex' goes on at least 4 or 5 times during the session and very rarely do i blank !

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
yeah, dexter wedges are excellent for bass. even though ive only caught one bass on a dexter. but then i have only caught two bass in all. so i can say half my bass have gone to a dexter.
my first bass was on holiday (?) in pwhelli . i brought a small spinning rod down the beach, saw loads of birds and stuff diving all over the place. (only about 50 yards out). cast my 'dexter' right next to a cormoran and in the words of paul young ' wham' a 2and a half lb bass was o nthe end.
well chuffed! :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it were a big tide he was fishing from lw up on the beach in front of island

1 - 9 of 9 Posts