World Sea Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to tread on anyone's toes by issuing this, but it came to my attention so I thought I would pass it on. It is very dry stuff, but if you scroll to article 10, paragraphs 5 and 6 you will see the limits we have been talking about. The south coast is covered by ICES areas VIID and VIIe. It was published in the EU Journal on 28th Jan and is 'entered into force' one day later, ie. 29th Jan.
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=OJ:L:2016:022:FULL&from=EN

·
Registered
5,824 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
More fish conservation methods!!!!!!!!!! Lets have a think about this. They have restricted the RSA from taking any bass from the shore until 1st July and then only one from then on.

They then increase the quota for the commercials to 1.3 tonnes a month because they cannot fish in Feb or Mar.

Who's kidding who here, I know people who are in B.A.S.S that are not happy with this,its absolutely rediculous to say the least.

Think they need to look at the bigger picture and quantify exactly how much money the RSA plough into the economy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.