World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
l am confused over the bass ban as there are so many conflicting reports, some saying it has starters and others saying it doesn't start till February, which is it? Hopefully someone will be able to give a diffinitive answer.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
From one of our LISA members

The Regulation concerning bass was issued in all EU languages electronically yesterday, 07/01/2016. After that, it gets complicated. It is presumed that vessels at sea haven't internet connection and that not every fisherman has internet so it's hard copy by snail mail time before anybody is crucified in the commercial sector. Call that the end of the month........

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
l am confused over the bass ban as there are so many conflicting reports, some saying it has starters and others saying it doesn't start till February, which is it? Hopefully someone will be able to give a diffinitive answer.
No...... hopefully no-one CAN give an answer!

It just goes to prove what a load of tripe these idiots are trying to put on us...

If no-one really knows and nothing official is released in black and white I don't see how they could ever even try and enforce anything?

Till they get their act together, fish on with freedom.... (just like everyone who fought for our Country intended), coz it's England not Belgium..... and it sure ain't getting enforced in all countries in Europe, so why here?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
No...... hopefully no-one CAN give an answer!

It just goes to prove what a load of tripe these idiots are trying to put on us...

If no-one really knows and nothing official is released in black and white I don't see how they could ever even try and enforce anything?

Till they get their act together, fish on with freedom.... (just like everyone who fought for our Country intended), coz it's England not Belgium..... and it sure ain't getting enforced in all countries in Europe, so why here?
Although I'd love to see every single bass go back ,your point is well made and the best argument I've heard yet to "stay calm and keep catching" well put g

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Although I'd love to see every single bass go back ,your point is well made and the best argument I've heard yet to "stay calm and keep catching" well put g
I hear ya Craig and I sure put a helluva lot more back than I ever keep and always will....

But the fella's I feel sorry for are the ones who hardly ever catch one... and now, if they do, they risk a criminal record if they take home the only one that they've caught maybe in years! I'm sure that those kind of people aren't exactly a threat to our fish stocks and the establishment aim this crap at them...

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
So I don't have the internet, no access to TV, don't listen to the radio and don't buy news papers so unless a letter is shoved in my letter box sent by my government I should be able to carry on as usual …...........thought not

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I didn't before but now I do support the bass ban and have packed away the rods until July maybe even August. need to find new challenge however..... I do fear others will turn a blind eye because it's seems impossible to police it ! when the limit was still 36cm length I only encountered fishery official checking on only one occasion over 12 year period. The government needs to recruite a lot more than lets say 10,000 officials???

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Well if you aren't a recreational fishermen and fish to feed your fam, does it still cover you? It is an absolute shambles... Simple answer would have been to ban it all together for 6 months.

15,082 Posts
The Regulation concerning bass was issued in all EU languages electronically yesterday, 07/01/2016. After that, it gets complicated. It is presumed that vessels at sea haven't internet connection and that not every fisherman has internet so it's hard copy by snail mail time before anybody is crucified in the commercial sector. Call that the end of the month........

·
Registered
70 Posts
So the trawlers are allowed 1 1/2 tonnes a go and if by some miracle I catch one of 2 or 3lb I've got to put it back !! I don't think so .ive seen them on sale in super markets and they look pretty small to me , I always return small fish of any type and don't need some European jobsworth to tell me what to do .

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Well if you aren't a recreational fishermen and fish to feed your fam, does it still cover you? It is an absolute shambles... Simple answer would have been to ban it all together for 6 months.
Yes it does as far as the EU is concerned, all things recreational come under one heading - Recreational.

This chap below as far as the EU are concerned could be used as an excuse to justify banning angling as well as all other recreational activities.

eastbourneherald.co.uk/…/eastbourne-man-fined-for-illegally…

Eastbourne man fined for illegally fishing lobsters and stealing nets
An Eastbourne man who was caught illegally fishing and having stolen nets has been fined by the courts.
EASTBOURNEHERALD.CO.UK

1 - 20 of 28 Posts