World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Fished longanet power station today and for a change it was really good,had 11 fish in the first hour using a yellow flying condom dam my arm was sore so i gave that a break and went onto bait .had maybe 7 fish after that the best being round the 2 pound mark.so it was a good day apart from one thing all the rubbish all over the place ,from rag worm boxes to lure packets to line catching your feet,ohh nearly forgot the latex gloves thrown on the ground and in the bushes who ever is using them please take your rubbish home ,because there will be a time when i go along to longanet and there will be this guy using latex gloves and that person will end up going for a swim .you have been warned . anyway some advice to new guys to bass fishing allways use a damp rag when holding your fish this protects them and it protects your hands because bass have alot of sharp points around there gills and fins :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
what time were you down m8? Was thinking of heading down just now to catch the low tide. The rubbish is really bad up at the wall area.

·
Registered
52 Posts
hi marcus, just saw your post and had to reply. i fished longannet yesterday and didn't have a sniff. used various lures and redgills, but no good. agree with you about the rubbish. how hard is it put it in a bag? the latex gloves weren't mine by the way! i'm not into the kinky stuff!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi
fished it this morning. here is a tip for you guys fish it on the flood just as the tide is coming in but before it passes the little weir in the middle of the 2 big walls see what happens is the fish come in with the tide but have no where to go .this is when you will catch the most fish but as soon as the water passes the weir the fish will go up hence you catch less. i have fished this place for a couple of years now and by far the best lure i have used is the rubber sandeel ,whites and yellows work better in the dirty water .a close second would be the flying condom again in white or yellow .the way i use the sandeels is to tie a swivel on to your main line attach 3ft of line to it and add rubber sandeel.what i do as well is to remove the original hook and replace with something smaller because often the original is far to big .do this and you will catch more honest :) .using the flying condoms all i do is put the swivel on attach 3ft of line tie on fling c .dont add any extra wieght because you will just snag up. how do i fish them its simple cast out close bail arm and wait dont reel in let them go the way they want only retreive when your lure gets to close to the side with me its about six to ten feet .hope this helps guys :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
well done marcus, maybe take a wee trek round there tomorrow as i have a lot of rags and lugs to use up after todays escapades.

were they purple nitrile gloves? or just yer basic white latex?

maybe the locals cant get condoms to fit ,so they cut the fingers off a latex glove they can get an instant condom...and not of the flying variety!!!
and they come in 5 instead of the usual 3 in a packet<g>

im off to get some sunburn cream on.
phew wot a scorcher indeed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts