World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken it as my personal mission to get jimi1601 a nice bass this year, cus thats all he goes on about, hes only ever had one tiddler and that was about 6 years ago!

im no expert bass fisherman my self, i managed a 6lb and 4lb bass last year, i was going for rays for the 6lber and bass at monknash when i got the 4lber.

we want to go for bass next sunday, thinking of going to the gower, can anyone suggest a few marks which might produce a nice bass or two?

Is it still a bit early for bass? I saw marconi marcs bass he had at the ranny and there was a few biggies caught through the winter. thanks

M

·
0 Posts
I've taken it as my personal mission to get jimi1601 a nice bass this year, cus thats all he goes on about, hes only ever had one tiddler and that was about 6 years ago!

im no expert bass fisherman my self, i managed a 6lb and 4lb bass last year, i was going for rays for the 6lber and bass at monknash when i got the 4lber.

we want to go for bass next sunday, thinking of going to the gower, can anyone suggest a few marks which might produce a nice bass or two?

Is it still a bit early for bass? I saw marconi marcs bass he had at the ranny and there was a few biggies caught through the winter. thanks
the best place i can tell you about is llangenith park down the bottom off hillend caravan park go on to the beach you will see a stream of water that runs out of dills lake into the sea fish eather side of the steam.or same beach on the right as you look out to the sea you will sea a island burryholmes it will take you about 10-15 mins to walk along the beach to get to burry holmes.hope you have your base mate

·
Registered
96 Posts

I've had TWO tiddler's actually so suck ma wong! haha

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I reckon you will catch bass down there all year round. I've had them off the boat and the pier in february before. I was gonna try for them down lavernock on wednesday night but forgot the coasters for my new rod so could only fish the one rod and thought i had more chance of an eel than a bass:unsure: But on the next set of small tides i will be back down there fishing one rod for the dongers and one with a big bait close in looking for a nice bass. If it dont happen cest la vie but at least i tried:clap2: :blink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
hi mate went fishing down langenith becah last friday night. Five rods in the water large selction of baits but only one small bass. Fished by the river going into the sea. Bass caught on lug on lowtide on the way in.:g:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Gower migt be ok to give it a go, don't have to walk very far then. Would be a shame to walk miles to Worms head and not catch anything

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have been to llangenith twice this week no bass just a small flattie. just wasting time and bait i think it is still to early for the bass.:g: The one tosh had friday must have been lost or on its own! usually if you have one you should have a couple:g:

M

·
0 Posts
I have been to llangenith twice this week no bass just a small flattie. just wasting time and bait i think it is still to early for the bass.:g: The one tosh had friday must have been lost or on its own! usually if you have one you should have a couple:g:
we had 2 tonight off langland both returned

1 - 9 of 9 Posts