World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been looking at a spot on the gower...port eynon area for a while now and have fished it on 4 or 5 occasions on different height tides and wind direction and not had a touch...but i still had that niggle that it held fish on the right conditions so i couldn't leave it like that.

sunday in the winds i fished it sunday night...well what can i say

1st cast bang 19" - just under 3lb
2nd cast bang 25" - about 6 1/2lb
3rd cast bang 26" - about 7 1/4lb and my best down there this year so far

went quiet for a bit and then had another 3 1/2lber (20") and then another 24" or 5 3/4lb.

brilliant fishing and chuffed to bits
yes they were kept (my daughter is antibiotic intolerant, loves bass but can't eat fish which have been farmed due to the antibiotics they put in the fish food before the moaners start)

john

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Well done, John. You should have put them back lol!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys

i know it sounds like i give everything a tickle over the head but with these 5 it has taken my tally to 11 bass kept this year...out of 72 - 2 1/2lb plus fish.

and for anyone who is interested in the mark its within 2km of overton, a gulley that is no wider than 20 feet with a large "tortoise shell" shaped rock in the middle of it !!!

no more clues but if you walk the coastline you may find it, and all fish were taken at 20yards in 4-5feet of water.

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
well done fella..:drunk::drunk::drunk:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Brilliant angling - all the water craft that went with it. My old grandad always said go to the rock marks after a good blow. you did and got your reward. Nice pic too.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
i've been looking at a spot on the gower...port eynon area for a while now and have fished it on 4 or 5 occasions on different height tides and wind direction and not had a touch...but i still had that niggle that it held fish on the right conditions so i couldn't leave it like that.

sunday in the winds i fished it sunday night...well what can i say

1st cast bang 19" - just under 3lb
2nd cast bang 25" - about 6 1/2lb
3rd cast bang 26" - about 7 1/4lb and my best down there this year so far

went quiet for a bit and then had another 3 1/2lber (20") and then another 24" or 5 3/4lb.

brilliant fishing and chuffed to bits
yes they were kept (my daughter is antibiotic intolerant, loves bass but can't eat fish which have been farmed due to the antibiotics they put in the fish food before the moaners start)

john
good fishing m8 well done, you dont have to say why you kept them, its your choice, i would have kept them too.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
good fishing m8 well done, you dont have to say why you kept them, its your choice, i would have kept them too.
Yeah, true. I kept them because I wanted to eat them is always a bit obvious! :spiteful:

·
Registered
330 Posts
thanks guys

i know it sounds like i give everything a tickle over the head but with these 5 it has taken my tally to 11 bass kept this year...out of 72 - 2 1/2lb plus fish.

and for anyone who is interested in the mark its within 2km of overton, a gulley that is no wider than 20 feet with a large "tortoise shell" shaped rock in the middle of it !!!

no more clues but if you walk the coastline you may find it, and all fish were taken at 20yards in 4-5feet of water.
i know that mark well, its the one u have to line up with the swansea cork ferry and that white sheep with the black face that roams around the common grazin all day..
some crackin fishes there bud

·
Sole Man!
1,664 Posts
Well deserved John!!
Just desserts for all the hours you put in!
Brolly

1 - 20 of 32 Posts