World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

been chasing bass for sometime now with no success...but...went on holiday confidently to cornwall for a bit of rock fishing and was trying all different tactics to catch one! also with no success! but as it was coming towards the end of my holiday i thought i would go for wrasse and ended up landing the biggest wrasse i have ever caught so far. i was using rag and sandeel for bait and was fishing a deep pool with large gullys flowing into it which seemed to bring in alot of white water and waves...
i wasnt getting any bites from wrasse after the one i caught thinking that the condisions were maybe just getting too rough for them ? i had a whole sandeel on at this point hoping for anything and as i was just reeling in ready to rebait and a pulling was just getting stronger and stronger... it was then i realised i had a fish on...! i was really fighting well nothing like an average wrasse would, finally i pulled it to the surface and i saw a silver flash and big mouth splashing around in the water infront of me ! a bass !

3lb 2ounzes...

:clap2::clap2:

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Happy days for you mate......very well done! :clap:

Nice report too, it puts your excitement with your catch across perfectly.

Hope you still have the smile on your face. :yeah:

·
Registered
25,004 Posts
Nice fish mate,especially as its your first ever Bass!!!!:clap3::clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
4 Posts
been chasing bass for sometime now with no success...but...went on holiday confidently to cornwall for a bit of rock fishing and was trying all different tactics to catch one! also with no success! but as it was coming towards the end of my holiday i thought i would go for wrasse and ended up landing the biggest wrasse i have ever caught so far. i was using rag and sandeel for bait and was fishing a deep pool with large gullys flowing into it which seemed to bring in alot of white water and waves...
i wasnt getting any bites from wrasse after the one i caught thinking that the condisions were maybe just getting too rough for them ? i had a whole sandeel on at this point hoping for anything and as i was just reeling in ready to rebait and a pulling was just getting stronger and stronger... it was then i realised i had a fish on...! i was really fighting well nothing like an average wrasse would, finally i pulled it to the surface and i saw a silver flash and big mouth splashing around in the water infront of me ! a bass !

3lb 2ounzes...

:clap2::clap2:
Try a surface popper at dawn or dusk . Deadly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts