World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just back from Southwold had a few bass on a rapala shad rap deep
the largest around 4lb was chased by an almost identical fish it was trying to get the plug out of its mates mouth to the extent of coming half out of the water, never seen that before!

WSF Primary Administrator.
just back from Southwold had a few bass on a rapala shad rap deep
the largest around 4lb was chased by an almost identical fish it was trying to get the plug out of its mates mouth to the extent of coming half out of the water, never seen that before!
I think its called"competition for food in the piscatorial jungle" or something along those lines.

Registered
I always feel so priviledged to witness things like that, as Rex says " its what its all about", seeing fish fighting over balls of whitebait and hoarding them up is an awesome sight. I have had two bass on one plug before, greedy buggers eh..

Registered
I went out yesterday for a bit yesterday(torrential rain all day). Had one Bass around 3lb, but when I hooked it, it came straight to the surface, and as I looked, there was a monster swimming alongside it! It looked twice the length of the one I was attached to, and whilst not trying to get at the plug in his mates mouth, it was very interested in where he was going. Never landed a fish so quick so I could lob it out again, but to no avail unfortunately.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Iv'e heard that in the tropics this is common and it is common practice to have another rod to hand or another angler casts to the following fish before the first fish is landed. I have to say that I was delighted to see the first bass let alone see two . Ive tried the spot concerned many times without any joy so this year was a first!

Registered
Iv'e heard that in the tropics this is common and it is common practice to have another rod to hand or another angler casts to the following fish before the first fish is landed. I have to say that I was delighted to see the first bass let alone see two . Ive tried the spot concerned many times without any joy so this year was a first!
that applies especially to dorado - if you leave the first fish in the water still attached to the line the others will usually hang around letting you catch more of them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts