World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

hi new on here, we are going to hayle in july, will i catch any bass on fresh lug worm of the beach?? also
Can you pump lug on the beach here??

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yes mate, bass off the beaches to lug, the harbour entrance is good too. Let us know on the sw forum and hopefully can give some more up to date advice nearer the time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hello,
Spent many years on holiday in this area in the past - last about 10 yrs ago. You could catch scoolies up to 2 lb on frozen or fresh sandeel - my best bass (6 lbs) was on frozen mackeral belley strip. I used to fish at low tide, and fish the tide up, letting out line as the tide came in so that you were fishing at distance - took loads of smaller bass like this. Biggest one came at about half tide up at 80 - 90 yrds, and was at the Godrevy end of the bay, just over the red river. You can occasionally find soft back crabs in the rocks, which the bass loved, but for some reason these were not always available. I would say a good venue to fish, but must be done after dark as there is a large Surfer presence. A good Ray venue:) as well apparently, althiough I never caught any.

Good luck, although info admittedly 10 yrs out of date - I'm sure it still stands today though.

Mart.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not as good as it looks unfortunately, hasn't been many bass over mls around the last couple of years. Its popular with mullet types there are loads of smaller thinlips but its tough because of the floating wrack moving in the tide, it really rips through so watch your back or you could be going for a swim.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Went down there once for the bass and I think we only caught a herring btween us, nice pasties and fish and chips though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts