World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Could be worth a go at Hythe later in the year. They were only a few feet out on baits late last summer and I will be having a go with plugs afetr a settled spell this year.

G

·
dover breakwater if the conditions are right.better at low water i've found too.

a mate of mine has has very good results fishing for bass this way on samphire hoe's east end (the dover end).

and hopefully on my boat this summer!!....dave.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
basically look on a OS and find the rock marks, especially look for where the rocks jut out further.

then take a walk on a spring low and look for gullies, spits, deep pool, snad bars, etc. then the fun part of getting out there a getting your line wet.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Reculver sometimes throws up the odd bass on the lure. (The bit past bishopstone glen)

·
Registered
94 Posts
the only species i fish for now is Bass, try Folkestone warren, St Margretts bay between Dover and Deal,and the rocky areas around the North Foreland (thanet ledges as we call em) the groynes around hythe, Sandgate. most of all do a reci of these marks, look for gulleys, shelves anywhere that could collect food for Bass.If you havent fished a mark before i generally start from low water.keep mobile and dont stay in one place, travel light.dexter wedges are a great lure,also i use chug bugs,rapala j13 & j11s. Water generally needs to be clear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts