World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI HAS ANYONE BEEN CATCHING ANY BASS AT THE MOMENT AND WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN CATCHING THEN ON IM GOING TO TRY DOWN AT PRINCESS PIER AT THE WEEKEND. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
yes, i had 3 3lb schoolies last week in the surf on single lugworm on a fixed paternoster clipped down, cast to where the waves began to break. lost another, (hook pull) not heard of anything large coming out, but i am still trying. was expecting a few more schoolies han ive had, but its quiet all over at the moment. ive been pestered with pout and rockling all this week, then snapped my beachcaster last night after my tripod collapsed and the rod fell over a concrete groyn, snappin the tip off. peelers are not around in abundance, the only ones i can find are small immature crabs, probably on their first peel, so ive left those alone, they were to small to think about using as bait.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I had 7 to 2lb off the beach used lug with 3 hook paternosters also lost what felt like a good fish in about eight inches of surf :(

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Saw a 5lb bass caught at easter. fished the same place last bank holiday not a single bass caught.

Woodster

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Fished 1 hour before low to 3 hours afterat Shoreham harbour wall one good bite 20 yard run and missed it. Very little caught - one had 1lb bass, 2 flounder, 2 mackeral, another had a small smoothound. Others like me nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts