World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there people
hope you all enjoying the weather and getting out fishing plenty!
I trying to plan the year ahead and was wondering if anyone knew how long it was until the bass start showing in the vale of glamorgan area?
I had fun last year spinning in various places and cant wait for it to start again!

Any help will do

thank you
tight lines
localfisher

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell me more about spinning in this murky area! Where did you succeed? Was it clearish when you had your bass from witches? I'm intrigued.
hi there
im not giving away my favourite marks, but this area is well known for bass fishing! i just wanted to know the sort of time they start to come in!
As for witches point i was quite suprised by my catch. I was fishing the other side of the point on one of the bottom ledges casting towards to shore, there is a small cave/cavern just under the big ledge that sticks out. I was using a J9 rapala lure, best ten pound ive ever spent!, on my fourth cast out he stung it like a mother*****, nearly pulled me in.
First and best catch of the day. it was sunny, high tide, not very clean water, this is south wales, but had about a 3/ft visibility. caught various other fish that day also, but not on the lure.
hope it helps a little
the question still stands, when do bass start to show?
Thanx

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Charlton try Marcross for plugging for bass,on a calm day from the end of June,you'll have a few offers around the ledges by the point.My best from Nash point is 7 1/2lb on a popper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts