World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hi mate,

Don't know the area so i can't help you there but the lungs in a peeler are apparantly the first thing to rot away and become poisonous so i have always taken mine out when using peeler crab. Never really fished with them in so i can't comment on weather it affects catching results.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
when freezing them best to take the lungs out ,,,tight lines

D

·
0 Posts
hi vince,

always take the lungs out of any crab u freeze down.as for the bass,well you wont catch bass in sittingbourne mate!!!try fishing the swale around the kingsferry bridge/ridham dock area using ragworm for bait.also conyer will show a few too.peeler crabs alright but in recent years ragworm is deffo a better bait.

do u live in sittingbourne?there are some better marks for the bass that i'm not prepared to broadcast on here near sittingbourne but you can't drive to them.....dave.:)

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
hi vince,

always take the lungs out of any crab u freeze down.as for the bass,well you wont catch bass in sittingbourne mate!!!try fishing the swale around the kingsferry bridge/ridham dock area using ragworm for bait.also conyer will show a few too.peeler crabs alright but in recent years ragworm is deffo a better bait.

do u live in sittingbourne?there are some better marks for the bass that i'm not prepared to broadcast on here near sittingbourne but you can't drive to them.....dave.:)

Whats it like for float fishing there dave. I was just thinking of a head hooked rag on the float. Loads of movement and could get the bass going?

D

·
0 Posts
never tried it but have had bass on freelined rag(just a hook and letting it go in the tide).one of the places i go i'm sure would fish well on the float.u just need a bike to get there or a really crappy motor and a long walk.a 4 by 4 would be ok but where u have to leave it u might not find it when u went back:uhuh: ....dave.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i always remove the lungs from peeler crabs.havent fished the swale in a number of years.But Ragworm has always been good for Bass.Theres a lot of schoolies showing in the swale at the mo, from what ive been told,But havent fished around Sittingbourne before so I cant comment.The bridge at sheppey is worth a look,but watch your car though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
RE: there are some better marks for the bass that i'm not prepared to broadcast on here near sittingbourne but you can't drive to them.....dave.:)

OH, go on Dave! Give us a clue????:secret:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
hi vince,

Come on Dave it's only between you and us, we wont tell nobody:secret:

D

·
0 Posts
sorry mate!can't do it.they are a bit remote anyway and hard to find.

a mate of mine fished one of them this evening and had a load of schoolies on his light gear.i've just started to get my boat in order so i'll try a few other spots in the swale soon.....dave.

D

·
0 Posts
RE: there are some better marks for the bass that i'm not prepared to broadcast on here near sittingbourne but you can't drive to them.....dave.:)

OH, go on Dave! Give us a clue????:secret:
oh all right then.the place i go for the bass is on the river swale!that's all i'm afraid!....dave.:blink:

A

·
0 Posts
Just remember to take it home if it's above the MLS in your area, with luck after a year or two we'll thin the buggers out a bit, and give the other fish a chance to regain a foothold on the beaches

hth

Ubd

D

·
0 Posts
I smell a porkie pie :g:
tell ya now mate,when the weather's still like tonight you'll catch plenty of bass at these places.mark went this afternoon and done well.no monster's but good on light gear.had a few good un's over the years.i'll take u there if ya like but it'll be a VERY long walk mate!LOL.....dave.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hmmmmm can still smell that porkie pie lol!!!!

You got my bolt sorted yet son??

Will bring ya a stick of rock back next week if ya sort it out!! :kissing:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts