World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys! I have a question for dedicated bass anglers.. lately I have got more involved in fishing for bass and I can't get enough now..

Do you guys make your rigs up using flourocarbon? (Pulley rig, up and over etc). Do you ever use flurocarbon at all? I have been thinking if inshould covert to flourocarbon all the way from shock leader and rig body and hooklink as well

Please let me know if its wise to do so?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I wouldn't bother with F/C, ordinary mono is good enough to catch Bass.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Unless your fishing clear still sun laden water I wouldnt bother , espescially leader, floros got its uses thats not one of them unless its a short lure leader that can help , possibly .
imo bass being predatory relish on prey being at a disadvantage , namely a bit choppy inshore winds that will inevitably chuck up a bit of colour, flouros no use there! Concentrate more on what conditions and locations rather than finesse of terminal stuff, read MMAD reports , dont sound like hes sitting there in the calm clear weed free days for the most part

Reactions: makemineadouble

·
Registered
171 Posts
Lot of mystic surrounding bass. They arn't these shy, fussy, hard to catch fish that some people would have you believe (mainly people wanting to flog tackle).

Only reason to fish flouro is if you want it for its stiffness - I really like it for snoods as it reduces tangles.

Problem with it is that there is quite a lot of variability in quality and knot strength seems highly sensitive to the type of knot used.

A bad quality flouro will snap like cotton at the knot - I lost quite a few fish with some cheap ebay stuff and now use 20-25lb Trilene, bought from a reputable supplier, with a tucked 1/2 blood knot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts