World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one recommend any good bass guides around the gower. I love bass fishing but I am not very good at it despite putting the hours in. I normally fish surf beach's for them around the gower an south west wales and I think that is half my problem. So would love to learn no and discove other places to fish for them and hopefully increase me chance of catching them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Can any one recommend any good bass guides around the gower. I love bass fishing but I am not very good at it despite putting the hours in. I normally fish surf beach's for them around the gower an south west wales and I think that is half my problem. So would love to learn no and discove other places to fish for them and hopefully increase me chance of catching them.
have a look on Amazon for “ Angling in Wales by Clive Gammon” I know you are looking for a guide in perso, but it’s well worth a read.

Tight lines
R

·
Registered
2 Posts
Always found the simple tactics have worked best for me,
Always fish the surf /rollers, look for spits, gulleys in rocks etc at low tides. Places that look fishy and traps for smaller fish etc. Fish these on the tides, simple lob of
Fresh bait into the surf. I don't normally use a gripper just let the weight roll around whilst holding the rod. Cast back out when it comes in too close.
Favourite bait mackerel head and guts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts