World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, has any one had bass from marks between Hartlepool and Sunderland in the last few weeks? had mackys and coalys and odd flats from local peirs untill the sea lifted, but could not contact any bass during the better sea during the last week :confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi milton my mate selwyn had a ballan wrasse and a pollack today from sunderland pier but no bass about its my first time on excuse me :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
im from a little further south
but northerly seas aint the best for bass fishing,
a good SOUTH EASTERLY is spot on , maybe 15-20mph just enough to put some good white horses on
coloured water and a biggish tide

macky

·
Registered
637 Posts
hi milton. i nfish for bass and mullet almost exclusively in the summer in hartlepool. i prefer to use plugs and spinners for bass. try the north gare early mornings (4am) over high water fishing the ebb needs light windsflat calm conditions best to locate bass chasing sprats. had 5 last week in a mad half an hour.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi to all and to Baza, what plugs do you recomend ? i have caught bass on the colliery beaches mostly pound or so and also at hendon between the south pier and the high drum(now out of bounds) and last year on the pipe(hendon) in medium low tides with a gentle swell following a bit of a blow, bass to two and a half on baits but have never ventured into the lure side of this.
I have caught pike and perch in my freshwater days, are the same lures good enough ie big s types, rapalas, tobies, do you need rattlers?Regarding the north gare, Is it safe to park on the golf course? as i have always hiked up from Seaton. :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
surface poppers a decent heavy one is the type, chug bugs and alike my favorite is a ron tompson i think, spinners work well but must b wound quickly to avoid snagging. i park at the northgare car park if im fishing early mornings or in the day time but on the zinc works road if im fishing into dark. bait fishing on the block at the beggining of the pier onthe seaton side fishes well when there is a sea on fishing the ebb into darkness with rag worm baits

·
Banned
40 Posts
i think i might of caught a bass but it let loose i dont think m,y line was strong enought so i think there is some out there ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just introducing myself. I live on the Headland, Hartlepool and have contacted a number of small bass on Parton (North Sands) all to ragworm/peeler baits. The biggest I have seen from this venue was 4lb a year ago.

I am off to Strangford Lough for a week at the beginning of September. Anybody ever fished there?

·
Registered
1 Posts
heard good reports off bass from seaham hall beach and some nice bass from hendon wall sunderland all on rag/peeler baits size unknown but there defo there

·
Registered
64 Posts
dfhjfbththrjrytgdcnhgdctffsdjngjdgfhmhnbdnbxvnbcmkgkmgfvnjghkcnhdmkggkjnnbmbnnvmbnbmnvnvnbnbnbncnjmbcmnvjhfgdhjfdbgfdfdgvssgdvsfeweersagddsghfdsdghdsghdssgfhdgdvfdgfhfshbfsghfdgvssadcasgsfcfgfssdfsdsfddgaxdassdagdassddasdgassdassafdsdsdfsddfxdssddssasdsssdfdsdsgfdssdfsdsdsdsdsfsdssdfsdsssddscfsdfssdfsdfsdsfsdsfssddssdfdsddedfsxddfrdrdf

·
Registered
64 Posts
hghfgcghhunbyjhuytjghfdsfcefdsfdtdssadygtuyhhufyhhfhfyhyuhfyyifyjrihyurtyuryryuryuhrtyryrtutgyrthrtuyrtyud7ytuytgryrteyuyteeytuteyetyyteruyeyeytyeuejytygteuyeeryreyrryjegeerjhrtgyereftegehergherhgferertgfreeghrtgerreterdtwtrewsfjuggghdfsret

·
Registered
64 Posts
hjhbjhdsvgdfgstyfdysfdvftrwdrfgr egttgydghdgtrtrgfyrtgyrtgdfyhjtgjhgrhrjgtjhtrjgtjhtgtryrtyeytyeeutgey4etryertyrteyetyeuyetyteteuerte

·
Registered
64 Posts
ffkmoghdfgcxfhdggxdrffggfjggjghutyr3etytyfyuer7tu xcrtguhiuftjkfhgdrfgjdfgfsdfvhfjukdfgfthjgtuhfghgbjhghghjfygghjfhjghjfhgdgyfhdfhgdfhgddggdhjghggdhjdghgdjuhgdfgjhfghfggdhddfgfhjgfgbfhgsddfhdffgfdgffhgfffhgfgffghffgfgf

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.