World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick message to let people know that Bass are starting to be caught in the NE Moray Firth Portgordon and Kingston Beaches have had Bass taken this weekend :) I havent caught but am going this weekend. Two other members of our club have had a couple of small one's but the big ones must be there too. :rolleyes: will keep you posted. New member love the forum. The Skink :cool:

F

·
0 Posts
I have never had a great days fishing whilst in the Moray Firth. But that could be down to the skipper. He was terrible on the many occasions we used him. Now our club tends to go to Scrabster, Gairloch and Kinlochbervie.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
How has Gairloch been fishing Al, haven't been for years?

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello there, i do most of my fishing from the shore but have two local skippers that are starting catch good fish. Sadley no sign of any tope as yet but some good reef fishing out of Lossiemouth on the Top Cat who's skipper is Bill, more than helpful and as the boats name suggests it is a twin hull cat nice and stable. Then there is the Puffin which works out of Macduff. Nice boat owend and skippered by John Smith, will take you were ever you want to go or can advise you on were to catch the fish you want. If you would like contact details for either of the above just give me a shout and i will post them on the site for you. :) The Skink :cool:

F

·
0 Posts
lewisteh said:
How has Gairloch been fishing Al, haven't been for years?
Not been since last year i am afraid. Everytime they have arranged a trip i have been working or the wife has arranged something. Hoping to get there later on in the year.

F

·
0 Posts
Cullen-skink said:
but some good reef fishing out of Lossiemouth on the Top Cat who's skipper is Bill, more than helpful and as the boats name suggests it is a twin hull cat nice and stable.
I haven't fished out of Lossie for ages now as the old skipper that used to go from there was erm...erm... how can i say this nicely? Not good! ;)
I didn't know there was a new charter boat going from there. Might have to tell the RAF Lossie SAC and see if we can get something arranged.
I am hoping that i will get out on the boat with my boss soon. He has a berth ready for him at Hopeman and should have his boat ready to go soon. We are looking at anchoring up around Bow Fiddle rock and Craig Head.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi Skink, so are tope caught there most years and if so what's the season?
What's the general boat fishing like, you say the guys are getting some good fish, is that mainly cod?
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest guys i havent heard of any tope for at least 8 to 12 months :eek: . Pollack, Cod Wrasse and Conger are the main sport in the firth at the minute. The only Tope i have heard of are up North, Wick or Thurso way.The Skink :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts