World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard whispers of bass being caught in swansea mumbles area ( bags inc 6lb'ers. ) Are the swansea boys trying to keep this quiet or are they fake allegations?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Well it is a well kept secret if its true! they could be coming off the lighthouse island on crab, but according to the reports from the boats its rays, rays, rays.
There should be some success this weekend off the lighthouse, small tides, if you are prepared to put the time in you should be rewarded.
blueskip

S

·
0 Posts
Hi m8
It is trues nice Bass coming off the Lighthouse a few lads last week had a few 6lb+.
I never posted it until i have had confirmation. i have now.

·
Registered
325 Posts
there are bass being caught off the gower beaches and a few of them heading towards the rocks, i had no joy spinning the other evening, i went out to check if my reel needed servicing"that was my excuse".and if its raining tomorrow, and i can't work i'll take a stroll and have a good look for some peelers, if they are evident, i will start fishing for bass proper ,off the rocks, into rock gulleys etc, fishing off the cliffs has been more productive over recent years in the daytime and then onto the sand in the night ,any way i'm sure thats far too much information,and i also heard stories this week of an 8 and an 11 off the south marks i cant say where though i'd get my legs done in!

·
Registered
171 Posts
are you sure it was south `cause i know that them sizes have been caught in the north :D

S

·
0 Posts
Hi Jason i know wot u r thinking m8 but some have come from south as well m8.
All on crab!
Chamber Pot claimed one released 8-5-0 while the good old cause threw a few around 8-10lb.

·
Registered
325 Posts
definately the south but not the south west if u knows what i means,i went to collect peeler yesterday, i got plenty they were all over the place, so i took enough for a fishing session about 15 crabs all green or velvet ,but with the easterly blowing and a good 6 foot surf rolling in at bottom water it was damn near impossible to fish what with the weed aswell, if i could have gained an 8 hour pass i would have fished top water over the waves and 2 hours back but alas i had to come home.today was spent working and fitting a dsc radio to my boat so i couldnt get out today either but 2 of my mates have gone out this evening to an april gower hotspot i'll keep you posted,oh and by the way we came across 2 small lobsters which were safely returned !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts