World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed in 1 or 2 threads that some of you guys have mentioned Bass up by Longannet and Culross, now this has got me interested, as I have never caught 1, what I was wanting to know, is, what marks are you fishing ???? whats the best time to fish...ie high tide low etc etc whats best bait in the Forth for em, if up by Longannet how do I get to the outflow pipe..

any info would be much appreciated

·
Registered
44 Posts
dunny i have fished last week for bass in the areas you mentioned,rigs were a running ledger with lugworms/mackerel/squid tipped baits.Dont really need to cast far from the shore off the rocks at culross,and as for the water at the outflow channel at the Longannet power station, parking isnt too clever but well worth a short cut over the railway line and into the woods.Ive mailed you some map info and aerial photographs showing the rocks.
still waiting excitedly for me new abu multiplier :cool:
cheers aldo

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aldo m8,

Ta for the e-mail piccys were very handy, went along this morning for a look see...I saw the old pier you mentioned, no wonder you got caught by the tide coming in... :eek: i was along 2 hours after low tide, there was still along way to go before the tide was anywhere near the pier ? ...when do you fish this mark, I take it you are only fishing in about 3-4 ft of water for the Bass ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
dunny ,
yep the waters shallow over a mix of mud and sand,
a few rocks scattered about and the warm water outflow seem to hold the bass close in.
theres also flatties there when the tide comes right in,

I am considering staying on the broken pier thru the whole tide, hopefully getting off it again when the tide goes out.Bit hairy tho:-D
specially with bad weather.
Did ye manage a wee scan at the powerstation?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I had me bins with me, had a wee look at it, looks ok, I am going out the night digging bait, plan to fish under rail bridge at NQF tomorrow morning, once tide starts coming in I am going to head up to Culross, (as long as me bait lasts that is.) I hope to get that ellusive Bass...well is for me aint had 1 b4 :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
is the old pier at culross or further up? fished longannet a few times a few years back. fished at the bridge that crosses the outflow. caught a few bass on rag. don't know if you can still get access.(there was a hole in the fence when we went. wonder how that happened??) let us know how you get on dunny. cheers.baz.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dunny,
i am off all day :D on friday, low water 11.45, will be out digging bait b4 hand.Probably crombie point for lugs, maybe get a few peelers under the rocks...the crabs NOT the police,

Will be at nqf early doors fri, depending on traffic<g> let me know how ya get on digging bait tonite,my email is awaiting your directions for rags!!!!!<g>.

U ever use mussel tipped baits?

Must stock up on some lead weights before i venture out.Same rigs same tactics....
a wee bit before low tide then.

cheers
Aldo

·
Registered
44 Posts
baz,
yups the hole in the fence is still there, just dont try to get thru it with a 13 foot beachcaster all assembled,lol......
the old pier is at culross, park in the car park next to public toilets.(the george michael suite? :p )
better watch the tide tho, theres only about half an hours fishing off here before the tide cuts you off.
Like i said in previous post theres a possibility of spending all day out on the rocks then wading ashore again on low tide.......
might be heavily weighed down with bass tho :)
cheers
Aldo

·
Registered
52 Posts
nice one aldo. do the guys in the power station bother you? hope you get a few on friday. the only time i'm weighed down is when i do the shopping!

·
Registered
44 Posts
baz67 said:
nice one aldo. do the guys in the power station bother you? hope you get a few on friday. the only time i'm weighed down is when i do the shopping!
Baz67, nah the guys in the power station dont bother ya, although they sometimes patrol about in a van with 'jobsworth' on the side, ya aint doin no harm
think theres a bigger issue with crossing the railway line.....very naughty indeed<g>

baz when ya go shoppin buy ya beer in tins rather than bottles...it makes it much lighter....hmm maybe if you buy bud lite and miller lite it will be lighter still.......uuhm those beers suck tho so ya probably have to go back out again and buy some real beers.

has mike ever considered changing this site to worldbeerdrinking.com?
cheers
aldo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts