World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a days sailing out of the Orwell. We left the marina at about 10 am, just outside the marina there was a huge splash as a bass of about 5-6 lbs lept clean out of the water this was not the first time I have seen this but what I have not seen on this river before was the amount of bass throughout the day that were showing along the river just a few feet from the low water mark .Think next week I will troll a lure behind the boat.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
cheers alan i aint ever fished lures it all way fasinates me how some catch moore then others and ive even seen a frog lure that really cracked me up i mean i never new there were giant frogs out there captin now i know thank you m8:1a:

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you certain that it was a bass?

There appear to be a lot more sea-trout appearing in east coast rivers of late, spectacularly launching themselves out of the water vertically, like a polaris missile.
100% sure on the bass Leon have seen the odd sea-trout over the years of sailing in the area but usually they are in the river stour around the copperasm bay area.

Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts