World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:love:Hi folks,

I've seen the forecasts and looks like it will be a nice WE to fish so thinking on going somewhere and try for my first bass!

It seems that around edinburgh there's not many decent size bass and my i am required :love: to bring dinner if I have to disappear for a couple of day :fishing1:

So it's either finshing a decent mark and try my luck, or fish the usual and then going to the restaurant!:wacko:

I know, the restaurant offers best chance to get a decent size bass, but I'm keener on the first one so, any help will be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
powerstation at cockenzie usualy produces a few but mainly schoolies, do get the odd in-size (over 37.5cms!) Really your in the wrong part of the country to fish for bass with the idea of taking them home for the table, in-size bass are so few and far between from shore marks in the Forth it's a real shame to keep them if you're lucky enough to catch but each to their own I suppose. Mackie would be a much more likely quarry if its a meal your after!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate,

I'm not after an 8 pounder, this will feed me and my lady for a couple of days or more:p

a 3 pounder will be enough for it, lol

also, i failed to mention that I can travel and willing to drive for a couple of hours or so!!

thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts