World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to Pevensey Bay 1.20 with my bro. HT had just gone at 12.40. We planned to fish down to low tide which was 19.20. I had just managed to put my bivvy up and one rod set up when the heavens opened. It hammered it down. The 1st rod was a 3 hook flapper with size 1's and bait was lug. Chucked it out and set up the 2nd rod. This was a pennel rig with size 3/0 and whole squid as bait chucked out about 50/60 yards. Brother started off with 2 rods both with 3 hook flappers, trying to catch himself a livebait to chuck out. We didnt have to wait long, 5 minutes and I had my 1st bite which was a keeper whiting. Not a bad start. Bro then had his 1st bite which was a small dab. His 2nd cast, got 2nd bite and a small pout which was his livebait. So after 20 minutes we had 3 species between us. After about 1/2 hour that was 4 species as bro had a just keeper flounder. The bites were coming quite regularly. I had a few more whiting, a pout and a dab. He had a few more flatties and a few whiting. By now it was 4 o'clock, I had 3 species and he had 4. The rain had dissappeared and the wind had calmed down but I was starting to get a bit cold around my back so I decided to go to my car to get a thicker coat. Little brother would keep an eye on my rods for me. When I got he was smiling away and showed me that he had reeled my 1st rod in. He said the bite was really good pulldown which nearly pulled the rod over. He had to reel it in. He went to my bait bucket and picked up a fish and sod me if it wasn't a keeper bass. Well you can imagine the foul language that came from my mouth.:uhuh: Especially as that was 5 species for the afternoon for him. I've had a few 5 species trips lately and to be honest I have wound him up about it. :nonono:I baited up the rod and chucked it out again, and I did have the hump a bit. But that was short lived coz I didnt have to wait long for a great pulldown and slackline and a keeper bass. Yes, thank f**k for that. Dont feel too bad now.:thumbs: The bites were still coming but not as frequently. A few more whiting. Then I was out on the sand casting my bait out when I hear him shouting. oh my god, look at the size of that. I looked over and i could see this nice size flattie hanging from his line. It was a flounder of 1lb 7. A PB for him, :clap2::clap2: About 6 o'clock I said to bro that I would probably go at 6.30 as I was knackered after getting up at 3.15am for work. Well that was the start of the bass bites. So I just had to carry on. And they were all good bites as well. For the next 75 minutes I had 5 bass, all keepers. At one stage I thought I had a bigger one on but it turned out to be a keeper bass and a nice big fat whiting on the 3 hook flapper :thumbs: I'm not sure how many he had but I'm sure it was more than me. :thumbs: 7.30 and that was enough. And it was starting to spit with rain so we decided to pack up. Wow what a session. I ended with 6 bass - all keepers, 12 whiting - 6 keepers, 2 pout and 1 dab. Havent got a clue what my brother ended up with. Just for the record I had nothing on the squid.

That must be the best session we've had in ages. The only downer is I broke one of the eyes on my rod coz I dropped it when I was carrying it up the beach to pack up.:doh::doh::doh: There you go, these things happen.

Tight Lines to all

Paul :clap2::clap2:

·
Premium Member
25,695 Posts
Nice session mate the bay certainly produced today......You have to learn to take him with you when you go a wandering, he is getting a taste for other people fish :lmao:

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Top hooking mate,nearly came over that way tonight. Opted for a wind tunnel called Seaford beach but didn't blank !

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I wondered where all the frigging Bass Had gone!!! you got em all:notworthy:clap2::clap2:

Great report:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I was pumping a few lug at Whitehorses last night and must admit the surf looked pretty good - was tempted to go back for my rod, but was intending to fish this morning anyway. In the event with the rain and sea calming down I didn't fish this morning but am planning a session tomorrow.

·
Registered
976 Posts
That is a dream session. Well done on the variety and size of fish. Save some for Tuesday!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for the replies guys. It was a great afternoons fishing. And as usual great company. Cant wait for the next session. :thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like a great session, what was the wind doing ? I'm presuming it was windy and from the South West ?
Hi mate. Yeah it was a South Westerly wind. Quite strong at times.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Great thanks. I've started fishing from Hastings beach and am slowly working out what works and when. Fished the surf last week with my brother on the flood into a (unfortunately not strong enough) southwesterly but did pick up a couple of lovely Bass each.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.