World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does one do about the fact I cannot go out and catch and eat bass for the first six months of the year for what is described as recreational angling.

Well I am now hanging up my recreational rods !! and bought a gillnett and getting a license and going to murder the local population of ( legal size) bass as I have knowledge where they all are within my local area , This will be legal?????????? , I have often thought about bass fishing for a living but never wanted to as we were always told the bass population is decreasing , so have tried to limit my damage to the stocks by rod and line from the shore always played by the rules and never sold a single fish in over 30 years of angling.

Now I feel the lure of making a ton of money from decimating a local population very inviting and I wont get my collar felt and get rich at the same time .

So for me this will be my last post on this forum as a recreational angler and join the ranks doing it for a living

RIP bass

G

·
Get rich ??? Lol good luck with that one . Small scale fishermen and rich don't normally fall in the same sentance .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Regardless of any thing else, you still can't land bass in feb and march with ( or without) a gill net and stay within the law - even from an unpowered vessel

·
Registered
480 Posts
stocks by rod and line from the shore always played by the rules and never sold a single fish in over 30 years of angling.

RIP bass
Now I feel the lure of making a ton of money from decimating a local population very inviting and I wont get my collar felt and get rich at the same time .
Yeah, good luck with that, let us know how you do!! :D:D:D

·
Banned
367 Posts
You will never get rich we used do two nets down sully way for bass and sole, no boats just net in on low water then return trips EVERY low tide to collect the fish and clean the nets. doing this when the tides are in the middle of the night with freezing water up to your waist and hands cut to ribbons from tearing the crabs out of the nets and bass spikes should give you a little insight into the glamour of small scale netting. Not to mention cleaning all the fish and the mongers wouldn't always take all the fish. The two guys I used help for fun would make around 500 pound a week between them!

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
Plus i thought u had to buy a qouter
Thought about it once but rod and lining
To much expense

·
Banned
8,292 Posts
Would it not been more simple just to let us keep a bass while fishing with a rod and line!!!!

·
Registered
25,149 Posts
speaking to an inshore gillnetter he said he wasnt that fussed as the 2 month close season wasnt really his main bass targetting time anyway.

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
Why would you buy a quota??
A licence gives you a quota.....
Have u tried buying a bass licence
Hens teeth now
Plenty for whiting or prawns lols

·
Banned
540 Posts
The fact they may be hard yo cone by (not in my experience by the way) would be proof of just how sought after they are....the reason why?

Money!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts