World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been waitng for a bit of a nw blow to get the bass on the move,so this morning when i saw the wind direction went down to my usual beach mark ,everything looked great,nw wind,surf,but still had my long held belief that the first day of a blow isnt the best time to go.so started 2hrs after low,and fished upto high,usual fresh lug bait.Not a single bite the whole time(which is very unusual for this mark) but just went to confirm my belief that the day after the blow starts or even the day after that is better. have some lug left so lets see.Must say it has been very quiet for the last 3 weeks.have had 4 blanks in a row.thats life........

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
been waitng for a bit of a nw blow to get the bass on the move,so this morning when i saw the wind direction went down to my usual beach mark ,everything looked great,nw wind,surf,but still had my long held belief that the first day of a blow isnt the best time to go.so started 2hrs after low,and fished upto high,usual fresh lug bait.Not a single bite the whole time(which is very unusual for this mark) but just went to confirm my belief that the day after the blow starts or even the day after that is better. have some lug left so lets see.Must say it has been very quiet for the last 3 weeks.have had 4 blanks in a row.thats life........
nevermind always next time i keep telling myself.shaggy

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
T'was the same at Borth tonight. A violent surf that started 250m out, with pools of peaty river floodwater that turned the surf a colour like black coffee. Flounders rattled & gummed my mackerel fillet baits but no sign of any better fish. First blank for a bit. We are at the mercy of this awful weather at the moment.

Cheers - John

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
being a sucker for punishment,went back to same mark again,wind and surf both reduced,thought that it could be ok,1st cast ,2 mins later had to reel in as rod bent right over and a sackfull of weed.2nd cast exactly the same .moved 100yds and found less weed ,missed one good bass bite,and then nothing..for another hour,thought bol*oc*s to this and went home,

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Thursday night looks potentially better:

St Davids Head to Great Ormes Head including St Georges ChannelInshore waters forecast 24 hour forecast:1300 Wed 20 Aug 1300 Thu 21 Aug Wind Westerly or southwesterly 4 or 5, veering northwesterly in north later. Sea state Slight or moderate. Weather Rain or showers. Visibility Moderate or good. Outlook:0700 Thu 21 Aug 0700 Fri 22 Aug Wind Westerly or southwesterly in south at first, otherwise northwesterly, 3 or 4, occasionally 5 later in west. Sea state Slight or moderate. Weather Rain or showers. Visibility Moderate or good.
Cheers - John

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, could be ,but tide is quite late up here,means a night with little sleep.sea almost calm now this eve but i.fear theres still masses of weed that needs a bit longer to p**s off.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just to rub salt into the wounds a passing woman walking her dog asked "any luck" to which i said......... no its very quiet...to which she said OH GOOD.Bit my tongue and thought maybe animal rights? a vegan? who cares .not worth talking to......

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
just to rub salt into the wounds a passing woman walking her dog asked "any luck" to which i said......... no its very quiet...to which she said OH GOOD.Bit my tongue and thought maybe animal rights? a vegan? who cares .not worth talking to......
i never had that but plenty people saying years ago how good it was,no [email protected]gy

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
just to let you lads know its not just wales that suffering at the moment, up till yesterday when i got my 5th blank in a row ,very little showing all along the nw coast, at least a few of you guys are catching the odd fish , up in blackpool its barron.
30 rods on the gynn wall yesterday and only saw 1 flattie landed and that was smaller than my hand. its looking grim all over. have been waiting for a bit of an improvement to drive down to the menia and do a bit of bassing but its not looking like its going to happen, the cod will be showing in a few weeks,
this has been a none summer

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
just to let you lads know its not just wales that suffering at the moment, up till yesterday when i got my 5th blank in a row ,very little showing all along the nw coast, at least a few of you guys are catching the odd fish , up in blackpool its barron.
30 rods on the gynn wall yesterday and only saw 1 flattie landed and that was smaller than my hand. its looking grim all over. have been waiting for a bit of an improvement to drive down to the menia and do a bit of bassing but its not looking like its going to happen, the cod will be showing in a few weeks,
this has been a none summer
so not good anywhere at mo then hope we have late summer and i can fill my freezer with mac,s.shaggy

·
Registered
389 Posts
its very slow at the moment,just hope we have a good latter season.im a bugger for lettin my mind go awol but did any of you guys read the thread in the general fishing chat.a chap knows someone that works for somekind of oceanic surveying agency and hes just been asked to sign the official secrets act to keep stum................new ice age maybe.......sorry im at it again.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no worries, ive got my ice fishing rod already cos my missus is from finland ,just south of the arctic circle and when we go there at xmas i spend all my time on the frozen lakes drilling holes through 2 ft of ice dropping a line down with a pink maggot on the hook to catch perch which actually makes a really nice soup.its onlly -25c so i am ready........p.s. ice fishing rods are only 1ft long with a tiny multiplier type reel with 20ft of line on .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts