World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice one! Yeah, the north coast and the south coast are fishing really well, I've had about 20 bass so far this year and only about 4 of them undersize which is really unusual. There were a lot of 35 - 38cm bass last year so I think they've all grow on to be legal fish this year. I've only kept 4 though, still following the fishing karma theory of the more you return the more you'll be rewarded with.

Going to try to catch my first gilthead in the Fal this evening, they keep illuding me, I've tried for them loads of times, tried Hayle, The Camel, The Yealm and Salcombe but the slippery bas***ds keep avoiding me I reccon. Soon they will be mine though, persistance always pays off in the end!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have had a nice mix of small ones and biggies so far this year, and it does look like all the conservation efforts are finally paying off. I had another 2 at 40cm last night after the big one so I put those back, no point freezing them, much nicer fresh. I'm not the sort of person that fishes to sell on, I try to stick with the hunter provider attitude.

I have not managed to catch a gilthead yet either, despite many attempts at Hayle and the Fal. Always wanted to have a good fight with one on my mullet rod :D. Good luck and let us know how you get on mate.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Been doing really well on plugs over rocky ground. Sandeel and worms are working well in the surf.

:) KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD :)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Frankie,

My mate Dave caught a 5lb Bass off Brean Down Beach at Easter also a small schoolie was caught as well (did not see that one) but the guy who caught it is reliable. Would like to think this is extremely rare as down in Brean we do not hit the Bass until July and August. Global Warming or just lucky???!!!

Woodster

1 - 8 of 8 Posts