World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing alot of lure fishing on the lleyn of late, in particularly in the nefyn area with varied results. I have spent hours rock hopping the coastline there looking for decent marks and I have managed to find a few. Anyway, I was down around the golf course at morfa nefyn the other night trying out new spots with the lures. After about 3 hours and nothing to show but a couple of small pollock, a mackeral and a garfish, I noticed a few turns diving just round from where I was so decided to have a gander. I cannot describe how pleased I was when I saw a huge shoal of sandeels literally bubbling at the surface I chucked everything at them but nothing hit. The sandeels were tht concentrated I even foul hooked a few on retrieve. 25 minutes had passed and the sand-eel shoal which had clearly shrunk drastically was still there in drips and drabs. Sod it I thought, lets get the baby patchinko out. Almost instantly, 2nd cast in fact, bang, fish on, a lovely plump 3lb 7oz bass. A couple of casts later, another take and a 1lb 12oz bass. Both bass were returned as I'm more into it for the sport. I kept at it for another 45 mins until the sandeels had disappeared and no more fish showed. I was ecstatic, just goes to show that persistence does pay off :yeah:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Persistance certainly does. I've spent hours and hours chucking all manner of plugs and plastics at a seemingly empty ocean, in all sorts of locations, only to all of a sudden have a take.It makes all those barren hours somehow worth it in the end............and it gets you out of the house ! Well done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts