World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Fished the sewer today on low tide. Had a strap conger first cast, then about 30 mins after low had a great bite, though it might be a good conger, but no, a 4lb bass!!!!
Well happy with that!!
Also had a 1lb 4oz 3 bearded rockling, madess fish i've ever seen.
my mate also managed 2 other strap conger, all in all a cracking session.
Poach/ lunk gotta get down there!
JD

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I like the sewer, i always fish it at low, followig out tide from that ledge then 2 hours back although not on big tides as the oull is a bit much.

The white wall end of the beach is too shallow for me, there is good depth at the sewer.

rockling are lovely fish, they normally go back ok , quite strong little buggers.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
where abouts is the sewer then? Is it near the ranny?

I have fished Penarth quite a lot over the the years but always the pier or beach by the lifeboat station.
I have recently started to fish dock beach a little as well

I would like to know as new marks are always appreciated............cheers Barrel

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
the best bit of penarth in my opinion is around the sewer, its deeper and a bit more rough ground, lavernock i find very difficult because of the tide, pier end, too shallow, all sand.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers lads, my try a night low this weekend, got the bug now!
Will post when, if i do go anyone is welcome to join me.
JD

·
Registered
282 Posts
hi JD glad to hear the bass are starting to show down there and that you had one.(what you get it on?) Iwas planing on this morning at 3 am but i drunk toooo much beer and had a late night. So the plan for today is get drunk quicker so i can get to bed earlier.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
hi jd well done another bass. i been away but it was nice to read what you had. good on you m8y? see you soon ok?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi JD,
Well done on the Bass - Respect.
Hope the Rockling was a 3-beared
as if it was a 5 you had a contender
for a welsh record. :rolleyes:
Mo... An old Sewer Fisherman ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers guys, lunk had the conger / bass on squid/rag and the rockling on the biggest king rag i could get.
JD

·
Registered
76 Posts
John Dory said:
Hello all,
Fished the sewer today on low tide. Had a strap conger first cast, then about 30 mins after low had a great bite, though it might be a good conger, but no, a 4lb bass!!!!
Well happy with that!!
Also had a 1lb 4oz 3 bearded rockling, madess fish i've ever seen.
my mate also managed 2 other strap conger, all in all a cracking session.
Poach/ lunk gotta get down there!
JD[/QUOTE are you on about the ranny sewer pipe or to the left of the pier?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i should be goin 2moro afternoon, think tide 3.30 ish, no bluebeard (mike) the sewer pipe we are on about is further down the ranny, off lavernok rd. i can give u directions if needed, thanks russkyz. well done on the bass, it didnt have my name on it did it m8?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
sorry blue i read your post all wrong. its cos i just got up. heehee. thought u didnt no where sewer was, but you do, feel such a plonk. look at me blushing. heehee.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have fished Penarth Pier a few times but I don't know where the other marks are like the Ranny or the Sewer so would appreciate some info or directions for these places. Cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts
Here you are fishfreak
Bluebeards directions to the sewer from previouse thread.
B4267 LAVERNOCK ROAD

turn off into BROCKHILL RISE, spar shop

Turn right here, onto staunton way

At junction you will come onto whitecliffe drive.

Park here.

Walk over to railings , you will see a little gap , squeeze through here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts