World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
hi manx....i've just read yor thread bud, and wot i'de like to ask is......is it ok 4 me to sign the petition?....i dont mean can i have yor permission,its just that i have only been beachcasting 4 a lttle over a year,and i wud b the last person to ask, 4 info/advice etc on anything to do with beach fishing/boat fishing and the fishin enviroment,the list go's on....but i do hear quite a few stories about the bass situation,and even tho i dont know the absolute ins and outs of the argument,i do understand the basics..............i'm from a yorkshire mining village(just telling u where i'm from,i'm not implying anything lol) so i'll always fite 4 a justifiable cause...i didn't want any1 to think i was signin jus 4 the sake of it..............cheers,digred...............ps...if i can make sense of this tmorrow,i is doin well...u all get my jist tho,dont ya's? ....lol

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Manx

Due to a IT hitch could not log onto site to registar one's vote. Any bass i catch gets unhooked and released straight away. Any other fisherman around me who catches a bass i get them to release them as well all thou some of them catch to eat (regardless of size), am hoping to make them see sense

Woodster

PS All fish i catch get released (I fish for fun not ones belly)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Digred - I didnt see your post.

Its an open petition for anyone to sign (and it's nothing to do with me, I was just passing on the info that had already been posted on a couple of other sites)

There does seem a real possibilty that the Guernsey locals can apply enough pressure to their government to help protect the bass that congregate to spawn in a small area from being hammered commercially. IF you do sign it, then mention how attractive Guernsey would be for an angling holiday if there were plentiful bass to be caught.

I'm not likely to benefit personally, but I figured it was well worth signing because we all have to stick together - next week it could be my local area with a problem, and I would hope that all anglers would offer any help they could.

As for anglers keeping their own catch - personnaly I don't but if other people want to keep one for eating then there isnt a problem (although I was slightly annoyed when I witnessed a nice bass killed by someone I was fishing with). The problem in this instance is bass being caught by rod and line for sale to restaurants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts