World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,m sure someone will have the answer to this, i got my first bass on a plug last week on a local estuary, on an out going tide,about 3 hours after high water, the water was racing out as i started fishing,like a river in flood, i never fished here before and really did,t expect to catch as the tide was racing out, but i got 3 bass, 2 about a pound and a half, and a 5lb fish,the 3 fish seemed to hit the plug from underneath, as if they were in a gully,or behind a drop off, do bass shelter in drop off,s or gully,s,or behind rocks, and let the food come to them if the water is racing in or out? got the 3 fish in about 6 to 7 minutes.

·
Registered
980 Posts
well done on your catch . this how bass feed let the food come to them
under the water there might be a small reef, sand bank , rocks or gulley
were the bass are there will be little run . but on the top its racing along they attack from below.
go at low water and look to see what was there ,and find out why they were there this will help you to find more marks to fish. they will move down with the tide. use as a guide what time you were fishing and the size of tide for when to try again.master this and many more bass will come

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.