World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

In the market for a new Bass rod, primarily for holding in the surf, currently using one of my Conoflex beachcasters working well, though slightly too heavy!!

Any recomendations for use with a Multiplier.

Cheers Stampy..

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
What's your budget stampy?

The MTI Bass is nice, light and can throw a bait a long way, it's also a good price as well when compared to the likes of a Zziplex Powetex Bass :thumbs:

·
Registered
13 Posts
i bought myself a Zziplex powermesh 12foot 8 bit pricey but in my opinion the best bass rod on the market brilliant in the surf

G

·
For my close work (up to around 60 yards) I use a Zziplex Light Bass rod, but they are hard to get hold of.
I also have an AFAW 3-5oz surf rod, which is a cracking piece of kit. It will pendulum cast 5 ounces, but is extremely light and the tip is fantastic.

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Diawa Supercast STS Bass, 11ft6" 2-4oz casting. Light & responsive blank but with plenty of power in the butt, light enough to hold all day. Available for £105 from Spotty Dog:thumbs:

headlight

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
My Zzippy powertex 12 foot 8 rod is a cracking rod. The only annoying thing is the bloody great tip section!
Yup, mines the same ;)

You could also consider, in no particular order:

Shakespeare Salt Bass
Greys BZE
Daiwa Supercast Bass

and there's bound to be others...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's your budget stampy?

The MTI Bass is nice, light and can throw a bait a long way, it's also a good price as well when compared to the likes of a Zziplex Powetex Bass :thumbs:
Hi Wooky,
Somewhere around £160.00, secondhand isn,t a problem.........
Many thanks For the replys lads..
Cheers Stampy..

PS,What do you mean about the Zzippy tip section being too big,is it the second section your referring to?

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
What do you mean about the Zzippy tip section being too big,is it the second section your referring to?
The Zziplex Powertex Bass is 12'8" - it's got a 5 foot butt section with a 8 foot tip section, which is longer than my TTR's and makes it bl00dy awkward at times...

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I currently use a Maver Genesis 3 tc carp rod, light as a feather and cost about £30

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Zziplex Powertex Bass is 12'8" - it's got a 5 foot butt section with a 8 foot tip section, which is longer than my TTR's and makes it bl00dy awkward at times...
Cheers Wooky,

I understand what your referring to now,the reason i asked is because i,ve
been looking at one on the net and although it stated its overall lengh it didn,t mention the lengh of the individual sections.

Is it worth a look in your opinion or is the Anyfish Anywhere surf rod a better option??

Cheers Stampy.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Got the Zippy, which is expensive for what it is. Tried a MTI Bass, which if I was buying a Bass rod now, I would seriously consider, 11"9', 2 equal sections and it's as good as the Zippy and easier to use from rock marks etc and it's also over a £100 cheaper...

Never tried the AFAW Surf...

·
Registered
872 Posts
MTI...MTI..MTI

Strongly recommend, got 2 now.

the only other would be over this would be zzipy..BUT.

80squid cheaper and ill put me neck on the line and say the mti is lighter as i havn't felt a better balanced,kitted out or lighter rod..

some recommend bze 12.9..but compared to mti...it didn't get a look in.

it weighs nothing but powerfull.

and the 8ft section put me well off
but i think they do a 50/50 powertex bass now..but doubt it will be lighter than mti.

flattie fanatic great rod..but defo not as good as mti for your usage!!

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
i bought myself a Zziplex powermesh 12foot 8 bit pricey but in my opinion the best bass rod on the market brilliant in the surf
This rod is absolutely awesome!!!!!! :sun:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ive got the Greys BZe 12`8" 3-5 oz and I love it, bite detection is brilliant, it`s lightweight, casts well & for only £100 it`s a helluva lot of rod for the money.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Cheers Wooky,

I understand what your referring to now,the reason i asked is because i,ve
been looking at one on the net and although it stated its overall lengh it didn,t mention the lengh of the individual sections.

Is it worth a look in your opinion or is the Anyfish Anywhere surf rod a better option??

Cheers Stampy.
If your looking for a second hand Anyfish Anywhere surf, then I've got mine for sale on E-bay. It ends today. It's a nice light rod if you wanna stand holding it in the surf. The only reason I'm selling it is because I want another Rough ground rod. Have a look it's only got 1 bid on. Item number 200241309133.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts