any ideas for a 2 - 4 oz bass rod and reel
budget is 100 quid roughly
and any rods to avoid like the plague
and where can i get them

·
Registered
327 Posts
Majeeka,

There have been quite a few posts on this subject. I have a Shakespeare Odessa Bass which is an excellent rod particularly as you can get them for around £50 from some of the mail order suppliers. Check out Sea Angler or try an internet search for the best prices. I use the rod with an Abu 5500 Mag usually and they work well together. though the rod is as happy with a fixed spool. There are dozens to chose from with the 50 or so quid left over from the rod. (I have even used it for heavier spinning though the butt is a little long for this).

Good Luck

Sim

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
you wont go far wrong with the odessa rod for bass fishing in the surf but you might find it a bit to meaty for flattie bashing or spinning or float fishing if you want take a look at the shakespeare odessa flattie at 11ft casting weight 1-3 oz this is ok for surf bass and medium spinning as well give me a ring and well go looking fri aft if you want

M

·
0 Posts
i use a abu viper with a shimano baitrunner witch i picked up its a great combo cost 75 quid look in the sea angler mag at the companys adds check out the specials u should get a good deal with next day delivary best of luckor try a local carp shop they are just as good a 2lb test curve rod and a decent reel you should get a cracking combo for ur budget and they make a good combo for flatties

1 - 4 of 4 Posts