Discussion Starter #1
any ideas for a 2 - 4 oz bass rod and reel
budget is 100 quid roughly
and any rods to avoid like the plague
and where can i get them

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i can reccomend the shakespeare odessa bass rod.they can be picked up for £50 mail order.can be used with either fixed spool or multi.best value bass rod out there.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi MaJeeKa,

Have a word with Ryan, he has an excellent Bass rod. It is a Grauvell RC 702. Can be bought from Veals for £40 + [email protected] or from Grauvells own recommended shop for £38 + £5 [email protected] (They are having a sale with a 7.5% discount)

Have a look at it on www.grauvell.co.uk.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I would really reckormend the Oddessa Bass, I bought the Flattie version and I can't fault it, the bass has more power and doesn't fold in a surf.
But the mags rant about the Grauvell long rods for light work,
I am just picking up an Abu 5000, I plan to use that for light work, they are selling on ebay for around 30 quid. Which I don't know is good or bad but I can't resist.

B

·
0 Posts
Why pay over the odds for a Daiwa,when the Odessa is just as good if not better???????

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's what I got and I love it. Guess I'm just a tackle tart.
Agree with shakeys being good rods though. I have the odessa beachcaster, 60 quid cant fault it. It has also helped my casting for some un explainable reason.

BUY BRITISH!!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bought the sp odessa bass 2-4oz today for 50 quid
all i need now is a reel for it :)

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Daiwa Bass - not the latest but 2003 vintage, a great rod, Team Daiwa Bass. There are still some new ones about and of course going for a discounted price! I only gave £60 for mine two years ago from Malcom's in Beaumaris, bet he's still got some! Also saw a Grauvell there, looked the bizz!

I was recommended to team it up with a Daiwa Regal Bite-n-run fixed spool reel as recommended by B.A.S.S. Great, rugged, saltproof with TwistBuster, couldn't be without it.

Mind you this £30 Abu 5000 on e-bay sounds tasty!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I use a daiwa moonraker Z (bass version) which is 12 ft with a abu cardinal 106 with some tortue line, it works pretty good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts