World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for a rod and reel combo for bass fishing off the rocks mainly, want to spend approx £100-00, happy to get just a rod, have numerous multipliers which would probably suit, ie Abu 7000 etc. I currently use a bushwaker with a Shimano 4000 fixed spool for this type of fishing but its a bit small to use with weights and baits etc, i did buy it for lures etc but have had so much more success with baits! thanks guys n gals

·
The Randy Carrot Cruncher
2,395 Posts
I've recently purchased a Leeda Icon Bass, 11ft 6in, 2 - 4 oz,£49.99. Must admit have yet to put it through a proper session, but first impressions are that its a cracking little rod for the money:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Shakespeare agility bass rod? Seen the around the £50 mark, penn rampage bass rod £75 ish I think. I've got a daiwa d bass rod that I use very occasionally or to pack if I go away near the sea got that for £35 and for the money a cracking little rod, 3 piece so handy for the boot with cases!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Try the Shakespeare Agility Bass rod - I have one and it's amazing for the price. I also used for mackerel in the summer and I was whacking a 4oz lead and feathers a long way. pair it up with an Agility 50FD reel as they were made for each other. Its a fantastic reel and you can get a new one on Ebay for just £30.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts