World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv Been Thinking Of Getting A New Bass Rod Can Anyone Sugest Any, Not To Pricey Tho
Thanx

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
greys bze super flatty bass rod plenty guts in it dont like them to floppy not a bad price and you get a good after service in case you should damage it

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Penn Powerstix bass is cheap and gets the job done. Quite a nice rod, it's reasonable light but with a bit of power and will launch a 2-3oz lead miles (I've found it will easily cast 3oz plus half a mackeral for pike!) only had fish to 6lb so far but hopefully I can give it a proper test in the sea this summer :fish:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
mustad viking lite 116, all the gang that i fish with, 4/5 of us, have one or two each. bit pricey at £50/£60 but they are lush rods and amazing bite detection. can be used for loads of stuff. i use mine for light beach fishing, float fishing and lure fishing. good rods

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I can see myself buying an anyfish anywhere universal at some point having looked at one. Take a look if you have £170 to spare. It could be used for many things including several forms of bass fishing, float, free lining, lead and heavier spinning.

John

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Shakespeare Odess Bass is good for about £45 if you can still get it. The new Shakespeare Salt MPV is a nice rod for £40, it has a fuji reel seat and set of rings. The other Salt and flattie and bass rods feel nowhere near as nice as it and it will do everyting you want of a 2-4oz rod including spinnin,m float fishing, surf fishing and jellyworming. Take a look i bet you will be well impressed for the money!

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
recently bought a used penn 'powergraph bass', 1-3 0z, but it has no trouble chucking out a 3oz lead with a whole squid, with smaller neater baits it'll cast a good distance too (if required), i think geffaz uses one too, nice rod in my opinion. i use it with a modified abu 5000.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Mongrel Abu 5000-6000 reels are the daddy for surf fishing! :) The only thing i would say that puts the Odessa bass or the Greys BZe ahead of others in my opinion is that it is rung for both multis and f/s reels and has duplon grips. If like me you like to use a baitrunner and 30lb braid for your surf fishing, but also a multi too if required then this may be a consideration for you.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
If you can get a good one second hand though go for either a Century Tip Tornado Lite, Conoflex Source Estuary or a Zzipplex Powertex Bass. They are awesum pieces of kit, although in good condition second hand are still likely to cost over £100 upwards.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts