World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Bass tonight

723 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  lunacy 
#1 ·
Hi all, been looking at the weather for the last week, and it looked pretty poxy with easterly winds all week.

Kept an eye on the weather for the weekend as it said that winds would be increasing to around 33mph, I thought that this might be the only time worth a shot when the water was rough and the bass might be on the feed.

Went out earlier today to try and suss out where I was gonna fish, I had an idea in my head already of a venue but wanted to check the sea state, It looked fishy and I thought it'd be worth a shot.

Got down to the spot around 8.15pm ish and saw there were already quite a few down there, maybe another 6-8 rods out.

Got set up and chucked the first bait in, then put the second rod out about the same distance 10-15 yrds.

Used 2 rods one with crab and one with bluey.

While I was waiting a mate came down walking his dog, was chatting away to him and keeping one eye on the rods when.........BANG the crab bait rod went over and started pulling down, grabbed the rod half tripping over my bucket in the process reeled down and hit in to some weight, started reeling and could see it was a nice bass, wound it right down and swung it over the wall, the fella fishing to my right weighed it at 3lb 4oz's.

Baited up and chucked another crab bait out, left it about 5 minutes and had a slack liner but missed the fish.

And that was it for the rest of the night, the bluey bait was untouched, the others fishing down there didn't catch anything while I was there, they had squid, crab and lug.

Gotta say a thank you to Lunacy for the crab, they've been sitting in my fridge for a week waiting for the right time ( told you I'd get a bass for you on em mate lol )

See less See more
#2 ·
sandgate was pouting pouting and more pouting its been the same for all of august :clap3: so its easy to get a few live baits BUT THERES NO BASS THERE TO EAT THEM:g:

2 bass rods out with either double squid or half a mackerel on the bottom then a live bait slipped down the line no takes at all :schmoll:

nevermind theres always next weekend and they are big big tides :g::yeah:

#4 ·
at least you braved it cap i on the other hand decided to go to the pub after hearing the trees out side my house and i dont even live near the sea. must have been strong down there. Good catch mate.
I was chatting to one of the anglers down there last night, he's not had a bass all year.

I said to him the best time to go out bassing is when you look out the window and think "there's no way I'm going out in that"

I've stood out on the end of the rocks low water in 30-40mph NE winds quite a few times this year, anywhere on high tide seems like a walk in the park in comparison:thumbs:

#7 ·
Tried Dumpton last night, rough but fishable, not too much weed.
Didn't get a bite, maybe next time.
Nice to here you tried there and the weed wasn't bad, a very good spot, and good chance of a biggie.

I havn't fished there as much as I should have this year:whistling

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.